Lewis & Harris - End Aug/Start September?

• Thread starter Deleted member 95622
  • Start date

Deleted member 95622

We're planing a trip there for 5 or 6 days to tour round - Looks like many PoI's to stay at. Anyone had any issues over there in recent times? (we're pretty much OK off-grid for that time)

Any "must see" or "must avoid" places?

Thanks,

-G

The problems with Cal Mac ferries might make such a short trip difficult as there are currently cancellations of bookings. That is not so much of a problem if you have longer you can spend hanging about.
There are more places to park up on Harris than in Lewis.

Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd tag on to this one, hope that's ok.
I'm thinking about going to Harris & Lewis next week / mid June, and wondered if anyone has seen any problems with parking up over night or using the designated spots or if there is still some kind of ferry booking restriction where the ferries ask for proof that you have camping or accommodation booked?
I know the ferries can be difficult to book due to availability but I'm quite flexible for travel times so am expecting that.

Thanks

There are big problems with the ferries just now. Ring Cal Mac to find out which are sailing. Even if the ferry you want is working they may not have room for motorhomes.

Yep, calling and getting some options is my next task.
Just wondering if they are fussy about having a campsite booked as I seem to remember something about it last year.

Yep, calling and getting some options is my next task.
Just wondering if they are fussy about having a campsite booked as I seem to remember something about it last year.
Don't worry about having to book sites. So many people have had to cancel that most will have spaces. Especially in Harris there are plenty of places which the local community provide.
Look on www visitouterhebrides.co.uk where there is a good leaflet for motorhomers.

I'm guessing that the Ferry Companies will no longer be asking if I have a campsite reserved.

OK, called & booked my Ferry for next week. No questions at all about having any accommodation booked.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back