LEISURE BATTERY

Builders Genenerators supplying electric in busy shopping centres so should be okay in residential street

But arn't we talking trip trip Hazards ?
Yes and no, your right the trip hazard is the same, but the even with a cable cover the council do gooders will freak out at a 240v lead as that’s what their idiots guide idiots guide will tell them.

I don’t understand why I can’t run 240v on site and I can leave a 240v cable on the ground on a camp site.

Trev will be along soon to explain.

Carol, if you can park outside your house & you are worried about trailing a lead across the pavement,
Just run a cable from an upstairs window to the van!
There are what are called ''Flying wire'' rules that govern clearances above different types of carriageway and buildings but I've never come across regulations regarding height over footways in over thirty years of being a telephone engineer. Working on the old"it's better to ask forgiveness than seek permission" principle I'd be minded to go from as high a point as possible from your house to the van and see what comes.

Cheers

H

No bother if you put a mat over it, remember some folk are blind and could trip over an uncovered cable.

Depending which drive it’s on my MH blocks the pavement, the left drive is preferable as it’s easy to get on and off and doesn’t restrict access to the garage, but does mean the pavement is blocked.

But since it’s at the top of a cul-de-sac no one’s walked that pavement since we moved here in 1997, and most likely since the street was built in 1952.

Its all down to circumstances.

You are very lucky then, a guy not far from me who also lives at the end of a cul-de-sac used to park his motorhome on his drive, he reversed down the cul-de-sac then the habitation door was accessable and he could still get to the front door ok but it didn`t quite fit, he had a marker that got it to within an inch of his house but it still stuck out onto the pavement by about 6 inch.

He`s had the bonnet graffitied and keyed several times he then tried a local farm as storage but was plagued with mice so is now looking for somewhere else.

You are very lucky then, a guy not far from me who also lives at the end of a cul-de-sac used to park his motorhome on his drive, he reversed down the cul-de-sac then the habitation door was accessable and he could still get to the front door ok but it didn`t quite fit, he had a marker that got it to within an inch of his house but it still stuck out onto the pavement by about 6 inch.

He`s had the bonnet graffitied and keyed several times he then tried a local farm as storage but was plagued with mice so is now looking for somewhere else.
Luckily we don’t get that kind of behaviour where I live (hope I’m not tempting fate)

Builders Genenerators supplying electric in busy shopping centres so should be okay in residential street
That’s what I would do, genny tucked in at back of the van and my shirt cable from that to EHU point going under the van. Only hazard is someone trying to steal the genny but not had a problem so far. I don’t leave it out when not around though lol

Mine charges well with only solar, so why do so many folk want to plug in, dec jan maybe, but i would just take it for a we trip once every week to charge batts.
I can see the point if running a small heater inside it.

Luckily we don’t get that kind of behaviour where I live (hope I’m not tempting fate)
You do get the odd pair of undesirables in a Hobby bringing the tone of the neighbourhood down though. Did you get a pro rata council tax rebate?🤣

Cheers

H

Hi Carol,

Don't know where you are, but maybe there’s a member on here can give you a place to park and get EHU for a while.

I‘m near Towcester if thats any good and I’ve space.

Otherwise dependent on the pavement you could simply set up a pole in front of the house and run the cable overhead leaving the path free.
Thank you for your kind offer - much appreciated, I’m in Bradford unfortunately.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back