Left turn indicator flashes......sometimes?

Gee

Free Member
Hello peeps,

Wonder if anyone can help me get to the bottom of this. When I flick the left indicator on it either doesn't flash or sometimes flashes once or twice then stops. The stalk is still down so it hasn't cancelled, but all the external left flashers and the green dash indicator go off as does the indicator noise. Right hand and hazards all work fine.

Its a 2006 Citroen Relay and up till this I've had no electrical glitches in 5 years. I'm down in Spain at the moment and don't want to give us a bad name for not indicating haha.

Hi Gee, not sure what your vehicle is like but had the same problem in our 1991 B564 last year.

I got underneath while tracing the wiring and found that where the original base wiring ended Hymer had connected to the rear light clusters by fitting a standard "chocolate block" connector inside a waterproof junction box.

The lid had come off the left hand box and the connector block was severely corroded, causing the problem.

Checked the other box and, although the lid was still in place the other block was also corroded, not quite as severely, as there were no glands fitted, there was just a hole cut in the box and the wires pushed through.

I replaced the connector blocks and resolved the problem, no trouble since.

I bought 2 new boxes and waterproof glands from eBay, but this is still on my to-do list, hoping to get it done this summer.

Hymie

Get a proper auto electrician to look at it, he'll trace that fault in no time at all and saving buying bits that don't need replacing.

Thanks all. That'll keep me busy for a few hours. Luckily I'm at a house sit so can get under.

That used to happen on my Sundance. I had it fixed 4 times at the dealers and twice at other garages in the two years I had it. They all said it was corrosion on the connections "but we've sorted it and it'll be fine now". Sooner or later it always played up again.

I would change your bulbs first they have a bullb failure system that if any extra load on the circuit the body control module shuts it down that is why you have to fit a bypass relay when a tow bar is fitted failing that it's your BCM also try disconnected your battery for 30 seconds
Chris

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back