led work lamp

In between minor decorating in the kitchen and tidying out my shed - again. Found a working laptop battery pack which came off a dead laptop. Opened it up and found batteries which fit the LED Lamp. They're unmarked but put out about 3.7 Volts - Type 18650?? anyway, they are fully charged and work the LED work lamp a treat. Can only tell if they will charge up in the unit - won't leave it unattended - and put a meter on it - so not a complete loss so far. If there are no batteries in the lamp and it's on the USB charger it must be getting 3.7 volts off the internal charge unit. The batteries look to be in parallel.

No excuse to stop painting tonight then :sleep-040:

led batteries.jpg

Last edited:
In between minor decorating in the kitchen and tidying out my shed - again. Found a working laptop battery pack which came off a dead laptop. Opened it up and found batteries which fit the LED Lamp. They're unmarked but put out about 3.7 Volts - Type 18650?? anyway, they are fully charged and work the LED work lamp a treat. Can only tell if they will charge up in the unit - won't leave it unattended - and put a meter on it - so not a complete loss so far. If there are no batteries in the lamp and it's on the USB charger it must be getting 3.7 volts off the internal charge unit. The batteries look to be in parallel.

View attachment 60941

Is it good and bright,unlike me.

View attachment 60941

Bear in mind most 18650s out of laptop batteries are lacking an independent regulation 'pill'....

Unregulated charging of 18650s is not funny.... Trust me.
Be very careful

A lot of Ebay 'special' offer 18650s are recycled lap top items BUT with regulation pill and a new fake label.

Bear in mind most 18650s out of laptop batteries are lacking an independent regulation 'pill'....

Unregulated charging of 18650s is not funny.... Trust me.
Be very careful

A lot of Ebay 'special' offer 18650s are recycled lap top items BUT with regulation pill and a new fake label.

Now im told this,thanks,anyway only a couple of bucks,next time il buy the fire brand even though pricey.:mad2:

I'm trying to, need batteries, though!

Trev, go try and message seller winter-z, let me know if you manage to message the con-man, please.

You put a complaint through ebay,then he will return post or ebay will give you dosh back,me i just sent for new batts from china as the lamp is v/cheap and well made,seller gave me 50% back,still would have been happy at full price as shop down my rd is looking £26 for same unit.

I'm trying to, need batteries, though!

Trev, go try and message seller winter-z, let me know if you manage to message the con-man, please.
They offered me 30% refund but I understand that they do not always pay up, Trev will be able to confirm if he has actually received a refund payment.

I have told them I am not happy with 30% and rather they have it returned and refund me.

I have opened a formal dispute on ebay and have asked them to deal with the seller.

:wave:

Yep got £4.99 back so very happy chap,over 10 years or more i have only had 3/4 ebay probs which all but one was sorted fast to my liking,most trouble is from uk sellers but seldome from china.

got another email today,

the firm are still avoiding giving a refund,

I have given them a link to this thread.

ebay seller,

winter-zwinter-z (29169)

Negative feedback 449 times in the last 12 months.

got another email today,

the firm are still avoiding giving a refund,

I have given them a link to this thread.

ebay seller,

winter-zwinter-z (29169)

Negative feedback 449 times in the last 12 months.

Ebay will refund you not the seller

Last edited:
Got reply from co today stating they are looking into this and happy for me to recomend there co,i ask them to reply to forum if they wishwe will see:rolleyes2:

Todays email instead of 30% refund,

todays offer 20% refund.

Told them they can have the light back and give me a full refund.

:mad2:

Another email today,

would I like a 20% or 30% refund for a rechargeable light that does not have a battery ?

30W LED Floodlight Waterproof Outdoor Work Light Security Lamp Rechargeable UK

:mad2:

I acquired some 18650 batteries today and still no luck.:sad:

Now I have not had these batteries before but what I found was the nipple on the positive on the end of the 18650 cells did not stick out far enough because of the molding inside the battery box.:rolleyes2:

I found the bodge solution was to cut some strips of thick cooking foil to pack the positive terminal to make a connection.:hammer:

Now it might be just the 18650 cells I got, that were unbranded.

So anyone else, don't waste money on the rechargeable batteries as they may not work. :sad:

Have received an email,

the ebay seller winter-z has made a full refund.

I acquired some 18650 batteries today and still no luck.:sad:

Now I have not had these batteries before but what I found was the nipple on the positive on the end of the 18650 cells did not stick out far enough because of the molding inside the battery box.:rolleyes2:

I found the bodge solution was to cut some strips of thick cooking foil to pack the positive terminal to make a connection.:hammer:

Now it might be just the 18650 cells I got, that were unbranded.

So anyone else, don't waste money on the rechargeable batteries as they may not work. :sad:

I think there are two types of 18650 batteries because I saw some with a nipple and some without when I was looking, you can't beat sticking out nipples (on batteries I mean)

I think there are two types of 18650 batteries because I saw some with a nipple and some without when I was looking, you can't beat sticking out nipples (on batteries I mean)
Having looked at a few 18650 cells for sale, as you say, some have and some don't.

Well in this application then the bigger the better or the positive terminal won't make contact.

Not getting anywhere with the conman Winter-Z. I'll put it down to another bad ebay experience, I should know better.

Ps, lamp free to a good home, batteries required.
:idea:See message number 61.

I have had a refund.

Received reply today, offering full refund, see how long it takes for funds to hit bank account..............watch this space.

Trev, you mentioned an adapter, which will allow standard batteries to be used, can you supply a link, please?

Don't forget a 18650 liio battery is 3.7 v ....a AA is 1.5 ....
so expect a good drop in brightness .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back