LED lights/bulbs

Dream Catcher

Free Member
I have fitted 12v bayonet LED bulbs and they work ok in 3 of the light units.
I am trying to get the 4th unit to work with LED bulb, it works with the original bulb and the LED bulb is ok as I tried it in the other units. Any ideas why it is not working?
Also in the other 3 light fitting where there are 2 bulbs (G4 LED Tube type) in each fitting the LED"S only work when on single bulb and not when I switch to 2, any ideas?

Have you tried reversing the wires to the light fitting?

Most LEDs sold for general use have rectifiers in them as they are replacing lamps which had no polarity needs but some do need to be fitted in the socket the right way so either reversing the lamp or the feed may do the trick. Even so I have had a couple of duds recently and in both cases the supplier replaced them immediately.

As above, swap the connections. Bayonet type wouldn't have rectifiers as they can only be fitted one way into the socket.

The fitting with 2 bulbs is a little odd - do you have a voltmeter? And have you proved both LED's actually work?

Hi There
try fitting the LED bulbs the other way around-they only work one way -there should be no need to change any wiring.:dance:

Hi There
try fitting the LED bulbs the other way around-they only work one way -there should be no need to change any wiring.:dance:

Some he's talking about have fittings like this - only go one way.

incandescent-12v-10w-small-bayonet-ba15s-bulb-warm-white-1354202680-l.jpg

Check bulb that does not work in holder that does. If it works the bulbs ok. Then its the holder. As others have said wired the wrong way. The bulb will work either way its just that the centre pin is the (-) and the holder is the (+) which will work for a bulb but not for an LED.

We changed all ours & on some had to turn them round so the pins went in the other way round.
We had one where you could only put it in one way round so we reversed the wires instead.

I'm a bit worried when someone called shortcircuit likes a post where I say I reversed the wires. :scared:

Hi

Thanks for the responses, all working well now, just need to order some more bulbs from the wild camping shop

Many thanks

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back