Led g4

martinmartin

Just replaced my old type g4 on the left with type on the right, they use 3 watt and 30 watt bright, a big improvement ,6£ for two.What appears to be glass incasing the led is a soft gel type stuff so bright you can't look directly into it.

Attachments

• 20190821_201803.jpg
    20190821_201803.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Fitted a few like this the other month in my van got them in a pack of 2 from wilkos.

Mike

They too look good but the ones im now using are 25-30w ,very bright and from coastline campers.

They cannot be 30w or they would be the size of your fist,light is measured in lumens ,watts is the electric used,they will be between 2 & 3 w,see chart,you will be getting about 200 lumens of light.
Lots on ebat soft or pure white,soft is nice and calm.

Attachments

• lumen chart.png
    lumen chart.png
    235.9 KB · Views: 97
  • g4 warm led.png
    g4 warm led.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 98
  • g4 leds.png
    g4 leds.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 100
Isn't 30 watt the equivalent brightness of an incandescent bulb measured against the LED 3 watt bulb?

Isn't 30 watt the equivalent brightness of an incandescent bulb measured against the LED 3 watt bulb?

No, 30W is the power used by an incandescent bulb delivering similar brightness (measured in lumens).

No and yes as thats what old folk think but not correct,watts is the amount of energy used ,light is mes by lumens or in olden days candle power,but i get what you are saying as my gran used to ask in shops as we all did for wattage as more used more brighter,but in fact incorrect but they new little in those olden days,us more ejitmakated use lumens.
And only ever see candles in a convent.:scared::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053:

No and yes as thats what old folk think but not correct,watts is the amount of energy used ,light is mes by lumens or in olden days candle power,but i get what you are saying as my gran used to ask in shops as we all did for wattage as more used more brighter,but in fact incorrect but they new little in those olden days,us more ejitmakated use lumens.
And only ever see candles in a convent.:scared::lol-053::lol-053::lol-053:

Candles out now girls

They cannot be 30w or they would be the size of your fist,light is measured in lumens ,watts is the electric used,they will be between 2 & 3 w,see chart,you will be getting about 200 lumens of light.
Lots on ebat soft or pure white,soft is nice and calm.

Your right about lumens, but people refer to wattage in terms of brightness used by old style lighting when replacing with led,read fringedwellers add from screwfix to see.

Your right about lumens, but people refer to wattage in terms of brightness used by old style lighting when replacing with led,read fringedwellers add from screwfix to see.

Some makers do so as you say but many just have correctly lumens on packages something which we should get used to.:juggle:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back