LED Cab Light Problem

Tbear

Just received a couple of LED replacement bulbs for the light in the Cab which comes on when you open the door. Tried the first one which did not work so put old bulb back in to check and it works so I tried the other LED which didn't work. I turned on the engine to make sure there was plenty of power. Still did not work. Put back old bulb and it works. Tried LEDs direct onto a battery and nearly blinded myself. ??? Help Please

Richard

led bulbs

Ok this may sound daft but are your led bulbs the same type as your old ones, ie. single or double contact?

Put the bulb in the other way round ie 180 deg I assume its a festoon bulb

Alf

Just received a couple of LED replacement bulbs for the light in the Cab which comes on when you open the door. Tried the first one which did not work so put old bulb back in to check and it works so I tried the other LED which didn't work. I turned on the engine to make sure there was plenty of power. Still did not work. Put back old bulb and it works. Tried LEDs direct onto a battery and nearly blinded myself. ??? Help Please

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the led's polarity sensitive?:juggle:

I don't Think so. I had them in and out a few times so I doubt it but will check. Of course you don't even get the Chinese instructions but then again what could you possible do wrong. :)

Richard

LED bulbs are polarity sensitive, if they don't work when first fitted try reversing them, especially if they are festoon type. I know it sound silly, but I've done it.
View attachment 35575

Ok this may sound daft but are your led bulbs the same type as your old ones, ie. single or double contact?

The old one are the glass tube ones that look like a large fuse and the new ones look just the same without the glass case. Wired direct across the battery, they work a bit too well if you are looking at them when they turn on. :)

Richard

Yes Alf and Oppy they are the Festoon type. I will go and try them again, both ways.

Richard

I am sure they will work

Richard Birthday Greetings for Thursday another BIG number to pass :have fun::have fun:

Alf

Yes Alf and Oppy they are the Festoon type. I will go and try them again, both ways.

Richard

Thanks Alf for the birthday greetings. 60 and retiring so its a biggy for me this time. :)

Thankyou all, it was a schoolboy error.:confused::rolleyes: You would think that after having both bulbs in and out 2 or 3 times I would have got it the correct way at least once:rolleyes2::eek:

Richard

Thanks Alf for the birthday greetings. 60 and retiring so its a biggy for me this time. :)

Thankyou all, it was a schoolboy error.:confused::rolleyes: You would think that after having both bulbs in and out 2 or 3 times I would have got it the correct way at least once:rolleyes2::eek:

Richard
Ive had it in and out on numerous occasions, and still never got it right,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so ive been told.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back