leaking rooflights / hatches quick repair

n brown

as the previous owner had glued my daughter's rooflight with sikaflex, when it started leaking , a lot , i found i couldn't remove it without breaking it. so i washed and dried off the existing mastic and covered it with this stuff, applied with a spatula , 6 months later , dry as a bone . if you feel you want to do it properly at a later stage , this stuff can be removed with white spirit. 145 Butyl Rubber Sealant - 310ml 145GY | Zoro UK

Butyl rubber is an excellent sealant Nigel, but I would suggest that it is not easy to work with if you don't know what you are doing.

It is very messy and hard to remove once applied.

Butyl rubber is an excellent sealant Nigel, but I would suggest that it is not easy to work with if you don't know what you are doing.

It is very messy and hard to remove once applied.[/QUOTE

hi Rob , must say if you're,looking for a neat job, it's not going to happen , but i used to get all my windows, hatches and guttering etc off scrap buses and vans , and butyl was the mastic of choice . scrape off the worst and wash with plenty of white spirit and it thinned down enough to remove with cloths

it is messy job thank to nigel we did my roof light patch at first that didnt work so took it all off cleaneded resealed worked a treat thanks once again nigel

i've fitted dozens of vans , and never had any luck with silicone . biggest problem is , if it goes wrong nothing else sticks to it
great for fixing tiles though !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back