Last visit to Botany Bay.

RoaminRog

I am very sorry to have to tell you that while we were at Botany Bay I had a call from Jerry North who is the General Manager. He invited me to have coffee with him on Thursday morning.
He then began to explain that he was about to give notice to all the Retailers and Staff, because the site was about to be redeveloped.
I have not been able to mention this before, in case we knew before the Staff, and they found out unofficially from one of us that they had lost their jobs.
The new development will include retail outlets, but at this moment in time, it is impossible to predict if they will allow us to visit, and on the same terms as now.
Work is due to start in February and on behalf of the forum, I would like to thank all the staff and management for their hospitality, and wish them the very best of luck for the future.

The redevelopment proposal was in the Chorley local newspapers some weeks ago as it had been approved by the Chorley council.

That's a shame, and not good news for the staff just before Christmas. Hope they can all find new jobs pro tem, I hope that after the re-development there will be jobs there again.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back