larger capacity hot water

Compo

Free Member
Hi has anyone got any ideas as to how to increase hot water capacity?? i was thinking in the lines of an extra tank in series with my trauma 6 hot water boiler fitted with a 1kw immersion element 240volt or maybe a heat exchanger /indirect pumped hot water tank. has anybody got any thoughts????

Seems an odd requirement, why do you need more. Most systems will run a good shower and the gas re heats very fast for the next user. I'm just interested in your requirement.

you only get approx 10ltrs of hot water and i like a long shower and also if we are going out the bride wants to follow me in the shower

Do you really mean YOU get to go First :scared::lol-053:

Alf

you only get approx 10ltrs of hot water and i like a long shower and also if we are going out the bride wants to follow me in the shower

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you need to stay on a site with a decent shower block this would be far simpler

Alf

my shower was just working through a mixer tap which was difficult to balance so it alternated between too hot and too cold, to make my shower temperature stable and last longer I fitted a TMV into the hot feed to the shower to avoid scalding and wind the water heater setting to max, after fitting a restrictor to the cold feed to stop it overmixing at the tap it now works well

We go for the economic shower, ie wet yourselves, turn off the water, soap yourself, turn water on and rinse.
John

Exactly as John above, but we do have a trigger shower head so very easy to stop and start while showering, wife has long hair and can successfully shower including hair on one Truma4 tankful, I then need to wait about 15 mins for mine,

just because one is wild camping,one should not disregard personal hygiene

just because one is wild camping,one should not disregard personal hygiene

Whhhaaaaatttt????

I thought that was the whole point of wild camping....

and weekends.....

and times when the girlfriend isn't around...

and......

We go for the economic shower, ie wet yourselves, turn off the water, soap yourself, turn water on and rinse.
John

Exactly as above, and we get both of us showered and the washing up done on less than a Truma full of water. It's a camper you have, not a 4 star hotel.:rolleyes:

We have a retrofitted Ecocamel Jetstorm E showerhead bought cheap at a show. It draws air into the showerhead so uses less water. One 12l tank does two good showers.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back