Lanoguard

That is what i`m thinking Graham so would like any users thoughts, if there are any :unsure:

Reactions: GMJ
I bought some a few months ago but haven’t had the weather to use it yet,
I have heard good reports about it, And just thought I would give it a try as it cannot do any harm.
It seems to be well thought of in the Land Rover community

I have just received my kit, and am planning on doing my Campervan (Ducato) whilst it’s still newish.
Have watched a few videos on YouTube, and it dose seem an effective way to help protect the underneath, and looks fairly easy to applym also reasonably priced.
if it turns out ok, then am going to do my other vehicles👍

I have used it on the mh and also my pickup. Only applied it in November so can't say how well it will perform untill the winter is over. The pickup looked bad before use and has been stated it gets under rust then to give a second application a few weeks later. I also bought the long extension to get into the chassis internally. All I can say the chassis now looks a lot better and the mot inspector noted it looked to be a good job. The oil is an extract from sheep's wool, sure I read lanoguard was originally developed for marine use.

Last edited:
Has anyone actually used Lanoguard and if so what are your thoughts please ?

There is a Lanoguard user group on FB the majority of the feedback is positive. Needs to be topped up possibly on a yearly basis depending on how exposed it is.

Most veh are sealed underneath, its the internal box sections you treat, sills and doors skins a & b frames along with inner arches which will be almost impossible on a factory-built van.

Good stuff BUT requires more 'maintainance than other modern coatings AND lacks the superior creep/self healing properties of other modern treatments like dinotrol/POR/Buzzweld etc ....

Waxoyl ...belongs in a museum along with hammerite etc .

Has anyone actually used Lanoguard and if so what are your thoughts please ?

I done the whole underside of my van with it Wooie and I am well pleased with it .Sprayed out all box sections and sills would recommend it to anyone great product and so easy to use .

I done the whole underside of my van with it Wooie and I am well pleased with it .Sprayed out all box sections and sills would recommend it to anyone great product and so easy to use .
Did you do the inner door skins and a/b frames, well done you with the other bits, I use a paraffin gun and a small compressor.

Done my little Fiat 500, as a trial run before doing the van.
pressure washed it on Thursday, left to dry off and Lanoguarded it today. Now leaving it for 24 hours before using it.
before and after pressure washing
E4C63E50-B592-4B62-983F-969E51BF3283.jpeg

After Lanoguard
AFDF7D0F-CE23-4FF6-B127-DE60660D35B3.jpeg

Filthy job, but we’ll worth it👍
filthy, in that I usually manage to get more on myself than on the item being sprayed, whatever it may be😉🤣🤣🤣👍

Attachments

• C4330184-0E09-419E-8147-6FF79B6F8FF9.jpeg
    C4330184-0E09-419E-8147-6FF79B6F8FF9.jpeg
    820 KB · Views: 40
Done my little Fiat 500, as a trial run before doing the van.
pressure washed it on Thursday, left to dry off and Lanoguarded it today. Now leaving it for 24 hours before using it.
before and after pressure washing
View attachment 117685
After Lanoguard
View attachment 117687
Filthy job, but we’ll worth it👍
filthy, in that I usually manage to get more on myself than on the item being sprayed, whatever it may be😉🤣🤣🤣👍
You are doing the wrong bits, its the body internals you do, not the mechanical parts.

I think you’ll find it’s good for both, which is what I do.
The mechanical bits, struts ball joints track r ends are renewable as they wear out as they do, body parts are not so easy to fix and should not need to do.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back