La Cala, Malaga all vans have been removed

guerdeval

my Wife has just come across a post on a Spanish motorhome site regarding a free overnight spot called la Cala, it appears that about 200 vans were there on Friday but were told to move away, those left unoccupied (and apparently there were quite a few) have been towed away by the council ,their fate unknown. It does appear to be true as there were many replies mostly from locals as apparently they accepted up to 29 but over 200 was unacceptable.

We drove by this morning and they must have swarmed back in as there was at least 50 there at 1130 all packed in like sardines unless they are the vans that were left , not for us we are now in the hills heading to Granada after spending 48 hrs on the aire at gib border that’s enough

It has always been overused. Some years ago when we did stay there I think you were supposed to register with local Police. I think many did not bother and as rules have been broken it may well be in jeopardy. Shame as it is well positioned and there was emptying and filling if some clown had not parked over it.

15y ago it was regularly used and I was sure some vans were semi-permanent. However, Saturday was market day and in good weather almost the whole site was covered with traders and car-parking was at a premium. Perhaps that is why this happened on a Friday night?

Gordon

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back