Knockengorroch

Annie_H

Just thought I'd ask on the off-chance whether anyone's going to Knockengorroch music festival next weekend? My partner Jim's over there now working on building a permanent stage, living in the Bus (which means I'm having to impose upon relatives at the minute because we live in it year-round), then I'll join him during the festival - I'll be working for my ticket too (although probably not as hard as he has been!).

I've been to the festival once, a few years ago now, but Jim goes to every one (except when we've been travelling abroad) and carries out production work. If you've never heard of it, it's a small festival in the middle of nowhere - the main road's almost 4 miles away - between Carsphairn and Dalmellington in Dumfries & Galloway. The atmosphere during the event is very friendly and relaxed, and the setting is lovely - with some good wildcamping nearby on the banks of Loch Doon or further into the Galloway Forest Park.

Festival

Hi Annie. Like the sound of this. What kind of music is on offer ? Unfortunately my 'vans of the road at the moment :( do you know if there is camping available.

The music varies. I think the official title is 'Knockengorroch World Ceilidh' - the only bands I can remember off-hand who are playing are The Orb, Orkestra del Sol (one of whom I bought my car from, incidentally) and Skerryvore.

There is camping available on-site - their website is Knockengorroch Festival if you're interested, the full line-up will be there too.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back