Just had to buy another motorhome after a 3 year gap.

Galaxy

Free Member
Sold a Dethleffs Globebus for nothing ( bought it new) with 47000 miles three years ago. Now bought a 2002 Hymer 584 with 70000 on the clock. Which do I prefer? ...the Hymer without a doubt. I just oozes quality and is faultless. . Lovely panoramic views. Yesterday parked free on Scarborough prom - laid on the bed and gazed out at the mist covered sea. The Dethleffs was a box with two beds and you lived in the cab. The Mrs was unable to cock her leg...up the ladders at either end !! She adores the Hymer so I get loads of Brownie points. Fitted a solar panel. Now ready to rock and roll......

best wishes to you all

Ray

Sold a Dethleffs Globebus for nothing ( bought it new) with 47000 miles three years ago. Now bought a 2002 Hymer 584 with 70000 on the clock. Which do I prefer? ...the Hymer without a doubt. I just oozes quality and is faultless. . Lovely panoramic views. Yesterday parked free on Scarborough prom - laid on the bed and gazed out at the mist covered sea. The Dethleffs was a box with two beds and you lived in the cab. The Mrs was unable to cock her leg...up the ladders at either end !! She adores the Hymer so I get loads of Brownie points. Fitted a solar panel. Now ready to rock and roll......

best wishes to you all

Ray

cock her leg up a ladder,is there no toilet onboard.:lol-053::lol-049: have fun in your new van.:drive:

you are making me jealous !
for reasons of age and health I am just about to sell my 2002 584 classic with 56k on the clock ...can't imagine how a life style without it will be , will never forget the first time I drove it sitting behind that panoramic windscreen with 3 wiper blades ! thought I was in the cinema
it's never missed a beat in the 6 years I have owned it [ except when I ran out of diesel because the tank is 3 litres smaller than they say ] and I don't think that is just because I am fastidious about maintaining it myself , it's because it is bombproof , in my view this is the sweet spot in Hymer production

you are making me jealous !
for reasons of age and health I am just about to sell my 2002 584 classic with 56k on the clock ...can't imagine how a life style without it will be , will never forget the first time I drove it sitting behind that panoramic windscreen with 3 wiper blades ! thought I was in the cinema

Not a comment about Hymers, but one on the A class wipers.... the first time I drove with the wipers on, they frightened the life out of 'her indoors'...these massive black sticks streaking across the £2000 windscreen :)

TBH the Hymer we had was the worst motorhome we have ever owned , the inside was freezing cold all the time with draughts coming from behind the cooker and sink unit , also cheap uncomfortable upholstery, put us off Hymers for good, cant remember the exact model number but it was something like a t625 tramp .

Hopefully later on might sell ours and look at a Hymer don't know which type as we have no idea! But fingers crossed will find a one we like with the layout we like and room we want.:)

best wishes to you all

Ray

We have a classic L reg 21 year old S670 and it is fabulous. Fixed bed at the back, all set up for wilding and currently in Spain.

Welcome from one new member to another.It seems we are kindred spirits as we also like wilding at Scarborough and have a Hymer A class.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back