John Lennon Airport Lpool

landoboguy

Free Member
one for the pois maybe, https://www.google.com/maps/@53.333...4!1soJS_FE4Ig9VISU_2dWRB5w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

dungeon lane, popular with plane spotters till early eve and early morning. On the night I was there it was also popular with a local on a motorbike, buzzed past about 5 times 8 pm ish down the road and . I imagine not too much grief goes on as the airport security car came past as its right on the perimeter of the airport fence and planes come right over head, you feel like you cold almost touch them.

Not for the faint hearted though, speke/halewood :eek:

good sat while planes come over head, hoping they didnt empty the toilet (yes they are that close) ALthough the road goes around the airport perimeter, and is a dead end, there are turning spots for larger vans.

Last edited:
At a airfield once and a jet dropped its loo load of £$%^ in ice over 6 or 7 cars which did damage,there only ment to do over water.

Yeah your right, The planes seem to stop around evening time but start early. I didnt hear any before about 5.30, Depends on your POV I suppose ansd which way they take off/land . If your a plane geek you'd love it, if you like peace and quiet, oh no :)

Yeah your right, The planes seem to stop around evening time but start early. I didnt hear any before about 5.30, Depends on your POV I suppose ansd which way they take off/land . If your a plane geek you'd love it, if you like peace and quiet, oh no :)
Paid once to stay on a site next to where the aircraft for Bradford Airport taxied for take off at 6am, no idea why people paid to stay there. Having a jet wind its engines up as it headed to the runway was noticeable.

I sometimes go to Liverpool as I lived there for 15 years (at one time not too far from Speke Airport as it was called then)...never thought of parking up there though, will may look next time I am there...

We stayed at a pub near Stanstead airport last year, very noisy and not one we would repeat. Shame as the pub was superb.

The Queen gets pretty fed up with LHR when she overnights at Windsor Castle ! o_O

I sometimes go to Liverpool as I lived there for 15 years (at one time not too far from Speke Airport as it was called then)...never thought of parking up there though, will may look next time I am there...
Funnily enough signs and barriers are up now, no more entry

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back