Jobless for 2 hours

lenny

Got to work this morning for 7am. as usual to be hit with the news that I'm paid off as of now:eek:, (Seen it coming,but still came as a shock), work has dried up recently:(.
Went home and told the wife then took Jack down to the beach where I can think best, made a list of potential new employers in the same line of business in my head and prioritised them.
Got back to the van and started ringing around,guess what:rolleyes:, call number two was expecting me:eek:, Can you start on Monday Lenny?:)
I,ll be there for 7am. was my reply:cool:...Sorted;)
Heres a pic I took whilst down the beach..

11072008132_edited.jpg

Can you see me van,a lonely old soul:rolleyes:

I thought that you were expecting it but as you say, when it comes it still a bit of a shock:eek::eek:
Very pleased that you have something sorted and you never know, you may like it better, I hope so:cool:

Thanks Graham, the new job is very similar but managed better;) and I still get most weekends off:cool:(that was my priority), the big companies and the long, unpredictable hours were bottom of the list,even though the pay would have been better.

I think me and Jack made the right decision:eek::D

yea thats what i have always found

I used to worry about these things and get a little stressed out at one time, but since my little health scare a while ago, I don't worry any more cos I realise it all works itself out in the end:)

Hi Lenny, great news that. :cool: Just goes to show people are watching :rolleyes: out all the time and your name and :) rep precedes you! :D :D JIM.

i no the feeling when they come and tell you .i lost my job when foundries went down due to rover moving abroad the wernt sattisfied with our jobs they took used pensions to do it. as you said other things happen and you look at life and i said live for today in the space of a year.i lost my youngest son .found out i have cancer .and lost mum soi make the most of what ive got nowand i get out and about with van as much as we can and enjoy life.

Nice one Lenny, Glad to hear you have found yourself something as quickly. I lost my job at the end of March, Unfoortunately I am finding it very difficult where we are to find anything that I am not too old for or that pays a living wage :confused:

Pleased to hear you where only jobless for 2 hours. :)
Now go on to the next goal: retirement :rolleyes:
Then you will ask yourself ' How did I ever found the time to go to work ?? :D

Thanks.Leo,it would be nice to retire but 65 is the retirement age in this country, I,ve still got a few years left in me yet:rolleyes:

Good for you Lenny is your new job still as a mobile crane operator,this is my line of work?Best of luck and keep positive in your outlook on life cheers,ANDY.

Cheers,Andy ,yes I'm still operating but I try and stay with the small local companies now driving the small cranes,(although this new job means I'll probably be driving an 80 tonner).
I've worked for Baldwins in the past driving cranes up to 300 tonners

i no the feeling when they come and tell you .i lost my job when foundries went down due to rover moving abroad the wernt sattisfied with our jobs they took used pensions to do it. as you said other things happen and you look at life and i said live for today in the space of a year.i lost my youngest son .found out i have cancer .and lost mum soi make the most of what ive got nowand i get out and about with van as much as we can and enjoy life.
Hi Ra,
Sorry to hear of your misfortunes. I can fully sympathise as I have had nothing but set backs myself for the last seven years.
You have definately got the right idea.
Get out and do something.
Wilbury

thanks wilbury. i found it was the best way its far to easy to bury your head better to get on with your own life live for today .

Take it easy till you find your feet being on a bigger crane,never driven 300 tonne crane.I work for BAE shipyard in Barrow and am currently a bit of a one man band being the only driver.We have a 150 tonne leibherr,a 70 tonne leibherr and an old 30 tonne tadano so am kept quite busy,Andy.

Hi,RA Blenkinsop, truly sorry to read of your misfortunes and admire your spirit.
Look forward to meeting you in the near future(you're only 80 miles away) maybe at one of the meets.

I was thinking of organising one in the areas of Harrogate/Ripon or Barnard Castle area, after I did a bit research. Keep logging in and posting.

Nice one Lenny, Glad to hear you have found yourself something as quickly. I lost my job at the end of March, Unfoortunately I am finding it very difficult where we are to find anything that I am not too old for or that pays a living wage :confused:

Thanks,Hazy,I did'nt realise you were struggling to find work:eek:, makes me feel a little guilty now. Keep your chin up and I'm sure it will turn out ok in the end.
Good Luck:)

thanks lenny .i was in filey and scarborough yesterday and met a couple of geordies who was wild cammping in the area theyve been down for a week. weather was great. .i hope we will meet up at some point as i am originaly from sunderland and some of the places you mention up there brings back memories from my younger days . hit big 60 in two months.hope new job goes well r a

Thanks,Hazy,I did'nt realise you were struggling to find work:eek:, makes me feel a little guilty now. Keep your chin up and I'm sure it will turn out ok in the end.
Good Luck:)

No problem Lenny, I am genuinely pleased for you mate. I had hoped to have sold the house by now, which would negate the urgent need for a job, unfortunately my timing is as always Bloody awful :)
We will get there in the end though, Thanks

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back