Jabs now from 60+

can't wait for my second jab
1614676780797.png

The 60+ availability only applies to England. Not sure about the other administrations but here in Scotland it may not be available for that cohort for several weeks yet we have be told after contacting councillors and MP. Also online booking is not available here.

I get dose 2 in three weeks. Time booked already. Off work on "holiday" for x2 weeks. Nowt to do! Still doing what im told, isolating and the like. Great news about the vaccines yesterday. Very high level of protection.

The 60+ availability only applies to England. Not sure about the other administrations but here in Scotland it may not be available for that cohort for several weeks yet we have be told after contacting councillors and MP. Also online booking is not available here.
It depends which health board you are with. Friends here in Biggar who are in their 60's have had the jab.

Bill, Susie was very ill not that long ago, do you know why Susie is not within priority 60 and over cohort?

We fully accept she’s in the normal 60+ cohort. Just strange that that cohort has dates so much later here in Scotland. My booked jab is also a month later than it would have been elsewhere.
Having said that, we’re still very fortunate in the UK to be getting vaccinated so quickly.

Rules state if 60+ and have a health issue (there is a raft of them to tick off) then you will be offered the vax, if 60+ and cannot tick off any issues within the questionnaire, no jab, as not a priority. Back of the queue.
I was speaking to a neighbour this morning.... 50 years old. Had the vaccine. Someone else 48 and same. Neither under any priority. It is as Biggermac says - variances down to local health authorities. The two examples above are registered with a health practice 3.5 miles away. I am registered with another 5 miles away.
There is a couple in the village who have are same age and both been done, but each is with a different practice. The one who is with the practice 3.5 miles away was done 3 weeks before the one in the practice 5 miles away.

I don't understand how the general dates per group in Scotland are 3-4 weeks after the English dates either, as both are now using the same methodology and have equal doses per capita and ability to administer?

Had a text from GP to book mine in Suffolk, 64yrs. No other conditions. Have to wait till back in UK.....unless get one here but that is unlikely. Seems to have rolled out fast in Suffolk/Norfolk and Kent where most of family are. My 55yr old brother il has had his already.

Future son in law who lives with me along with my daughter and 3 grandkids logged onto the online ‘jab’ website yesterday.
He is 36 years old, no underlying health issues but daughter is a key health worker. He got an appointment for next week !
I can only assume he got the appointment due to living with a key worker.

I was speaking to a neighbour this morning.... 50 years old. Had the vaccine. Someone else 48 and same. Neither under any priority. It is as Biggermac says - variances down to local health authorities. The two examples above are registered with a health practice 3.5 miles away. I am registered with another 5 miles away.
There is a couple in the village who have are same age and both been done, but each is with a different practice. The one who is with the practice 3.5 miles away was done 3 weeks before the one in the practice 5 miles away.

I don't understand how the general dates per group in Scotland are 3-4 weeks after the English dates either, as both are now using the same methodology and have equal doses per capita and ability to administer?
Simple answer , they're not .
Breaking golden rule posting here but NHS Scotland have been very good to me recently and it seems unfair they are being portrayed so innaccurately .
It is , of course not a race but I think Scottish percentages are slightly ahead of English ones at the moment .
Percentage vaccinated 60-69 is well over 30 , think 55-59 is around 20% . So if you are living in Scotland , over 60 and haven't got an appointment yet don't bother buying a lottery ticket this week . Only joking , of course there are anomalies but progress has been phenomenal
The numbers for all countries has slowed down temporarily due to short supply of vaccine hopefully pick up soon

Simple answer , they're not .
Breaking golden rule posting here but NHS Scotland have been very good to me recently and it seems unfair they are being portrayed so innaccurately .
It is , of course not a race but I think Scottish percentages are slightly ahead of English ones at the moment .
Percentage vaccinated 60-69 is well over 30 , think 55-59 is around 20% . So if you are living in Scotland , over 60 and haven't got an appointment yet don't bother buying a lottery ticket this week . Only joking , of course there are anomalies but progress has been phenomenal
The numbers for all countries has slowed down temporarily due to short supply of vaccine hopefully pick up soon

It’s not a race, but the simple answer is they are later in Scotland. I too do not understand why it is when the vaccines have been shared equally by population, but I will not be jabbed for another 2 weeks (cohort 6), a month after most places in England. My wife (cohort 7) has no date yet but is estimated 15th to 29th April wheras that cohort can book within days in England. I have contacted representatives at all levels, they simply reply that the JCVI priorities are being followed, so a mystery it remains.
As I have said before, overall in the UK including Scotland we are getting vaccinated much sooner than most of the world.

It’s not a race, but the simple answer is they are later in Scotland. I too do not understand why it is when the vaccines have been shared equally by population, but I will not be jabbed for another 2 weeks (cohort 6), a month after most places in England. My wife (cohort 7) has no date yet but is estimated 15th to 29th April wheras that cohort can book within days in England. I have contacted representatives at all levels, they simply reply that the JCVI priorities are being followed, so a mystery it remains.
As I have said before, overall in the UK including Scotland we are getting vaccinated much sooner than most of the world.
No idea why there are individual anomalies . Unfortunate for yourselves but overall , according to NHS , percentages appear to be higher in Scotland
Not sure what figures you are quoting for England ? Reading posts on here there is a wide variation in vaccination dates there . It would appear , like some down south , you have been unlucky

No idea why there are individual anomalies . Unfortunate for yourselves but overall , according to NHS , percentages appear to be higher in Scotland
Not sure what figures you are quoting for England ? Reading posts on here there is a wide variation in vaccination dates there . It would appear , like some down south , you have been unlucky

Simply visit this site Link and you will see that in England as cohort 7 (over 60) you can immediately book a jab, usually within a few days. Scotland is still on cohort 6 (18 to 65 with conditions) and as I described as one in this cohort my appointment is still 2 weeks away. How this can be described as better in Scotland I fail to see.

Future son in law who lives with me along with my daughter and 3 grandkids logged onto the online ‘jab’ website yesterday.
He is 36 years old, no underlying health issues but daughter is a key health worker. He got an appointment for next week !
That’s the same as our daughter in law she’s a key worker work on Covid wards so son has his jab booked and daughter in law has to have tests twice a week

Been there again tonight Bill (link) if you are a druggie, jakie, or some other burden on society (Scotland) they are vaccinated before those who contribute to keep the wheels turning.

That`s been happening down here in Englandshire for quite a while now, there was an article on Granada Reports ( our local news ) that Oldham was doing it.

It did not go down well and has had nothing said about it since so i presume a block was put on reporting it.

My daughter, son-in-law and 2 grandkids live with us Steve. My daughter has been vaccinated (she has also already had Covid but that was before they lived with us). Son-in-law hasn't had any notice of a vaccination though, perhaps we will follow that up. (Daughter is a key care worker).

Because we are in a bubble with the grandkids we are entitled to free self test kits to test ourselves twice a week. The first batch are arriving today. You should be able to apply for the same via the government website.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back