Italy

jacquigem

Hi , we are planning a trip to Italy for a friend's wedding.
Trying g to work out if we need an emissions certificate.
I think no as we are only tourists ?
We have a French sticker on our 2010 Autotrail on Spanish plates.
Anybody looked into this .

Was there October/November euro 6 engine didn't require any permit .
Not sure about major cities

I guess things have moved on, but on our 2018 trip to Greece down one coast of Italy to Bari, and return up the other Italian coast, we did'nt see any signs, we did'nt give the subject any thougjt before the trip. We when to various towns and cities en route, including Rome, and no issues.
Except, that if you use LPG Autogas most stations won't serve you gas for domestic use because of tax laws. Small out of the way stations will sometimes. Of course if you find a serve yourself station and they don't check on you.......
Shocking road surfaces on many roads including the motorway into Rome. Make sure your tyres are up to scratch!

Thanks for this JQB , I think the emissions in parts of Italy are quite new, but I am sticking to my interpretation that it does not apply to tourists. I do have a French sticker so will hope that will do

Beware, there are plenty of PPI type scammers out there who will charge way over the odds for a sticker. Make sure you deal with a proper government agency. Same with many other countries. France you can pay £30+ for one that costs less than a fiver direct from the government agency.

We also found the roads were terrible, we used toll roads largely for that reason. Tolls were pretty cheap, as I remember - that was 10 years ago though.

Thanks for this JQB , I think the emissions in parts of Italy are quite new, but I am sticking to my interpretation that it does not apply to tourists. I do have a French sticker so will hope that will do
Not convinced that that interpretation is entirely true everywhere. Good luck!

Not convinced that that interpretation is entirely true everywhere. Good luck!
No I dont think it is either . Spain requires either a Spanish or French sticker as far as I can ascertain.
I have read several websites on the Italian situation. They talk about issuing residents with stickers but say visitors only need to carry proof of engine rating. Hoping my French sticker and Spanish log book will suffice! Unless I get any better advice !.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back