Italian campsites

Drover

Has anyone any recommendations for campsites in these areas
Matera.Salerno.Naples.Florance.
We dont really do campsites and are taking our grandson who lives in Spain with us...unsure how he will deal with wild camping so a campsite here and there might help.( he has never been in a motorhome) we have booked 5 days close to Venice.

Don’t know about campsites but there is secure parking with all facilities just outside Florence 43.752361, 11.244948. Bus stop right outside and the No11 takes you to city centre.
Hope this helps.

Pat

Don’t know about campsites but there is secure parking with all facilities just outside Florence 43.752361, 11.244948. Bus stop right outside and the No11 takes you to city centre.
Hope this helps.

Pat
Thank you .I will check it on maps

We dont really do campsites and are taking our grandson who lives in Spain with us...unsure how he will deal with wild camping so a campsite here and there might help.( he has never been in a motorhome) we have booked 5 days close to Venice.
Not a clue, but a lesson in how to open and close things might not go amiss.

We stayed at Hu Firenze when we went to Florence. Bus stop outside the campsite to take you into the city...

Just a tip: there was a 2 hour minimum queue to get into the cathedral so if you fancy visiting it, it would be worth seeing if you can book timed tickets on line.

Nothing to do with campsite, however from experience and no doubt you have already done it, ensure you have written permission from both parents for the children to accompany you. Assuming of course they are below the age of majority.

Nothing to do with campsite, however from experience and no doubt you have already done it, ensure you have written permission from both parents for the children to accompany you. Assuming of course they are below the age of majority.
Cheers.yeh we know about that one..
We have been asked once when we were coming back to the uk via france.

Just a tip: there was a 2 hour minimum queue to get into the cathedral so if you fancy visiting it, it would be worth seeing if you can book timed tickets on liline
Thanks.i think he is a bit religious and speaks Latin.. he was born in wales but has lived in spain most of his life. so I guess that's where he wants to go.

Reactions: GMJ
BIIIIIGGGGG queues...so we sat outside in the piazza and had coffee whilst looking at the lovely building...and the queues!! :)

When we were last in Florence (not in Motorhome), we found that if you waited until after 5 pm, the bus loads of cruise ship and coach tour operators disappeared and we were able to access some locations easily such as the cathedral and Giottos bell tower. Places like the Uffizi museum were best visited first thing with prebooked tickets to jump the queues. The Pitti palace is very well worth a visit. Fully furnished, unlike Versailles etc and loads of art and sculptures.

Davy

Don't forget that children are very very adaptable, unless they have issues, and i don't foresee any real probs really. We freecamped in the areas you mentioned without trouble, but i"ve no idea of the locations now.

Don't forget that children are very very adaptable, unless they have issues, and i don't foresee any real probs really. We freecamped in the areas you mentioned without trouble, but i"ve no idea of the locations now.
Not an issue as such but he does have asperges. That's why a campsite or two might help if we get problems..

Have recently done Matera and the Naples Bay Area. Good one for Matera is at N40 40 15 E16 37 55. It’s out of the town but you can walk to a viewpoint from there and he runs a shuttle. You can also see a video about the twin and bizarrely some left over props from the Bond film shot there. In Naples area we stayed Agri Camping Stone Versuvio at N40 48 22 E14 21 47. We were lucky to get one some possibly try and find their website and book. It’s walking distance to the train that runs to Sorrento and Naples Garibaldi. Seriously watch yourselves on the metro especially approaching Garibaldo. We got dipped and their are many others. It’s walking distance to Herculaneum as well, smaller than Pompeii but better, personal opinion. But you can there on the train too.

If you had time I’d recommend getting a full toll tag. Shout out to GMJ for that godsend (hope I’m right there)

Have recently done Matera and the Naples Bay Area. Good one for Matera is at N40 40 15 E16 37 55. It’s out of the town but you can walk to a viewpoint from there and he runs a shuttle. You can also see a video about the twin and bizarrely some left over props from the Bond film shot there. In Naples area we stayed Agri Camping Stone Versuvio at N40 48 22 E14 21 47. We were lucky to get one some possibly try and find their website and book. It’s walking distance to the train that runs to Sorrento and Naples Garibaldi. Seriously watch yourselves on the metro especially approaching Garibaldo. We got dipped and their are many others. It’s walking distance to Herculaneum as well, smaller than Pompeii but better, personal opinion. But you can there on the train too.

If you had time I’d recommend getting a full toll tag. Shout out to GMJ for that godsend (hope I’m right there)
Many thanks .I will check the co-ordinates with a list of places he has given us..
Along with other tips on here we should be able to find a few campgrounds .though I suspect booking a couple might be advisable.
I am going to sort a tag out.

Back