Isle of Man Ferry - Motorhome by Freight

philstoke

I have had a search on the forum but couldn't find anyone with experience of taking a larger motorhome to the Isle of Man from Liverpool.
My Rapido is about 6.7 metres as close as I can measure it, the limit for normal cars etc is 6.5 metres on the IoM S.P.C site, it says anything over 6.5 metres has to go as freight.
I had a look on the freight booking site and it quoted over £800 return in September but I had to guess van type etc., am I reading their site correctly and is there any leaway on size.
I have read somewhere else that you have to book by phone or an agent, do you get a better price this way
Thanks

Hi, not sure on their requirements, but there our ferrys from Fleetwood and Hayshem, last time we went from Hayshem their were motor homes on the ferry.

Contact Keith the Admin on The Motorhome Tourism Organisation website. http://www.TMCTO.org He lives on the IOM and uses the ferries.

Good info on Parking at Ramsey also

I don't know if motorhomes are actually classed as freight but you have to phone the Steam Racket Company to get a price rather than booking online.

Regency Travel, based in Douglas, reckoned on £650 EACH WAY for our MH (7.5 m) during the TT period but prices are bumped up sky high for everyone during race periods.

A new company, Ellan Vannin line are likely to be starting services in 2013/14 - freight initially & bikes/cars next spring. Might give the Steam Racket a run for their money.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back