Is This a Scam

just tried to send him an email but don,t work i am sure it,s a scam :wave:

Hello Jack,

something strange about it, what you say is the same when I tried it and also when I clicked on the 'see other items' it came up as 'Server not found' which is strange?

Alec

It looks too good to be true, doesn't it:confused:
I would suspect that the seller's account has been hacked and they know nothing about the van:mad2:

Hello Jack,

something strange about it, what you say is the same when I tried it and also when I clicked on the 'see other items' it came up as 'Server not found' which is strange?

Alec

Hi Alec I just tried the buy it now and it took me into the ebay log in page even though I am already logged in on another window
I would not trust logging in with your details through that channel

Taff

Phishing attempt

According to Bitdefender, the page linked to contains a phishing attempt, so best avoided.

Attachments

• Phishing.jpg
    Phishing.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 64
I tried looking the seller details and nothing happened. If I saw this van for that price then I would be VERY SUSPICIOUS. £10000/ 12000 at least too low Probably scammed pictures from another site with a seller name that knows nothing about it.
RUN I have just looked the proper advert and it was sold for £22000, same picture and proper price. The seller was Motorhome depot.

Last edited:
This is a scam and that is not ebay.
If you have signed in to ebay using that please report it to ebay and change your password immediately!

This is a scam and that is not ebay.
If you have signed in to ebay using that please report it to ebay and change your password immediately!

No I did not log into ebay Phil as I was already logged in in another window that's when I realised something was not kosher

Probably the same guys that sent me this email:

Glenn Hillen <hillenglenn@gmail.com>
23 Sep (10 days ago)

to me
Hi,

First of all, I want to thank you for your interest in my motorhome: 2002 ROLLER TEAM AUTO ROLLER.This motorhome is in excellent working conditions,NO accidents, slightly used, and in 100% working and looking conditions,ONLY 53,368 miles, is always garaged and rarely used and it has HPI clear. It has full service history.Tax until Dec 2014 and MOT until May 2015. The final price that I will accept for this vehicle is £7,400 (including shipping and handling).

My husband died 3 months ago, and this camper brings me bad memories, and that's the reason that I want to sell it. I along with my daughter decided to sell the house and we moved to my sister in Stockholm,Sweden.The motorhome is already at Shipping Company- (ready for delivery).

The transaction will be done by the shipping company, due to the fact i'm overseas and I can not meet with you in person.I will wait your answer(if you are interested to buy) very soon.

Thanks

Found it smelly and google the mail address, First hit was a site warning of scams www.scamwarners.com/:mad2:

Its not a scam the poor man is working in Scotland and needs the money just transferred my euros to him :lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049::lol-049: By the way the email is Alice I think she still thinks so in bloody wounder land with the mad hatter:D

Definitely a scam. The website address is not an ebay one - just a copy. Ebay links tend to come up as "rover.ebay" whilst the page is loading.
LEAVE WELL ALONE!!! and tell anyone else you know who may be looking for a similar MH.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back