Is size important?

Finally got sat down to read the thread and I really appreciate that people have taken time to respond. A while back we did look at going for a van conversion to gain some of the benefits Carol outlines but now that we have decided to go for something a bit bigger, I am thinking we might as well go for that extra metre. We currently have a bed we make up in the rear lounge, but after four years we do find it a pain and as it is transverse I have to climb over Christine to get to the toilet! Hence an island bed, particularly as we intend to keep our next motorhome for some time and I will not be getting any fitter. The model we are looking at is available at 6.99 metres and 7.45 metres the difference being made up by making an already small sink/food prep area even smaller and reducing the area around the bottom of the bed making it all a bit congested. The toilet and shower rooms seem better configured too. As I write this I have just convinced myself.

Thanks Again

Sandy

Finally got sat down to read the thread and I really appreciate that people have taken time to respond. A while back we did look at going for a van conversion to gain some of the benefits Carol outlines but now that we have decided to go for something a bit bigger, I am thinking we might as well go for that extra metre. We currently have a bed we make up in the rear lounge, but after four years we do find it a pain and as it is transverse I have to climb over Christine to get to the toilet! Hence an island bed, particularly as we intend to keep our next motorhome for some time and I will not be getting any fitter. The model we are looking at is available at 6.99 metres and 7.45 metres the difference being made up by making an already small sink/food prep area even smaller and reducing the area around the bottom of the bed making it all a bit congested. The toilet and shower rooms seem better configured too. As I write this I have just convinced myself.

Thanks Again

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

Could you post a link to the model you are looking at?

Pat

This is the preferred option at the moment. I hadn't thought about the Rapido as an option but it is the only motorhome which actually gives us everything we were looking for. The one thing I havn't done as yet is to compare mph with similar models. It also depends on whether I can get the finances to work out.

Any suggestions for other models which provides the same facilities would be welcome. Equally if there are things about Rapidos generally that I should know about then I would be keen to here about them.

Sandy

9090dF - A-CLASS FIAT AL-KO CHASSIS WITH EXTRA-WIDE REAR TRACK AND STORAGE DOUBLE FLOOR, Motorhomes RAPIDO

Very nice van.

Just be aware that the Light 3.500kg model will only have a maximum payload of approx 270kg which is nothing !

If finances and your driving licence allows go for the Heavy 4,400kg model which gives you a payload of approx 1,170kg.

This is the preferred option at the moment. I hadn't thought about the Rapido as an option but it is the only motorhome which actually gives us everything we were looking for. The one thing I havn't done as yet is to compare mph with similar models. It also depends on whether I can get the finances to work out.

Any suggestions for other models which provides the same facilities would be welcome. Equally if there are things about Rapidos generally that I should know about then I would be keen to here about them.

Sandy

9090dF - A-CLASS FIAT AL-KO CHASSIS WITH EXTRA-WIDE REAR TRACK AND STORAGE DOUBLE FLOOR, Motorhomes RAPIDO

Oh yes, that's a very nice van and looks like it ticks all your boxes. As runnach says you see plenty of them in Europe and you'll still be able to negotiate narrow archways with your mirrors pulled in :)

Pat

Thanks Guys for your comments. I was a bit concerned about payload and wondered about the heavy model Wooie, so I welcome your thoughts. Looking at the detail about build Terry, I was reassured about how well the van is insulated but frankly I know sod all about these things. I will bear it in mind.

Sandy

If you're going for big that certainly looks a lovely way to do it.

Sandy.
Don't discount twin singles instead of an island bed.
Bd..

Sandy nice looking van, we have the Mercedes version with fixed bed 990 m great van well built, one word of warning you have to be really friendly to invite someone in for a coffee as your knees touch under the table and there's not much room for feet between the table post and settee frame work, any questions just ask, andy

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back