Ireland

Being blown away by Ireland. Incredible scenery ! Currently watching the moon light over inch beach and the silhouette of the mountains in the background. We are in the Dingle area and finding it tricky to find park ups . It is a very busy area / time of year and many car parks have barriers. Any tips or places you know of in the area for over night stops or want to throw in some must see places that would be great too. Thanks 😊 View attachment 111408
We had the problem of barriers over car parks - they were put up to stop the travellers. Have you got the app 'park for night' - I think it is called - will ask my other half later. Shows places you can park for free. Are you doing the Wild Atlantic? Clockwise or anti clockwise? - then can tell you places we found

We stopped overnight at a lot of the Wild Atlantic Way Discovery Points (there are 188 of them). We were there in April some years ago, it was quiet then.
We found this year discovery points now have height barriers up. Very disappointing when arriving at them and often hard to turn around

• Sad
Reactions: REC
We found this year discovery points now have height barriers up. Very disappointing when arriving at them and often hard to turn around

Do ALL the Discovery Points now have height barriers? Some we stopped at were pretty remote. But perhaps things have gone bonkers since we were there. Shame as we would like to go back one day, although next time our focus will be more inland and not the coast.

You are to far down, only heathens, get up above Donegal town, wilding spots everywhere and no hight restrictions.
map ireland.png
don g beach b.png
kennego.png
lighthouse carpark a.png
portnoe carpark.png
rd to colmkil top carpark.png

The developer of the motorhomeparkingireland app sadly died. Motorhomecraic who own the app are having issues with Apple, so not your fault. I believe the craic team are hoping to revamp and include photo option in future.
Meantime ask on motorhomecraic for specific advice on stops and updates on app revamp.

Davy

You are to far down, only heathens, get up above Donegal town, wilding spots everywhere and no hight restrictions.View attachment 111608View attachment 111609View attachment 111610View attachment 111611View attachment 111612View attachment 111613
Don’t think we are going to make it that far - does that mean I’m not a heathen 😇 will have to come back and finish what we started. Three weeks wasn’t long enough. Someone left the height barrier open at the car park in the dunes at banana beach so a few people taking advantage of that tonight 😎

Trev took your advice. I’m down amongst the heathens in Donegal town tonight having a ball foods good beers better gonna move down towards the lakes tomorrow maybe somewhere near Enniskillen. Thought it rained a lot over here. I’m burnt tae a crisp big red tomato heed 😂. Need to keep hydrated cheers.🍺

Trev took your advice. I’m down amongst the heathens in Donegal town tonight having a ball foods good beers better gonna move down towards the lakes tomorrow maybe somewhere near Enniskillen. Thought it rained a lot over here. I’m burnt tae a crisp big red tomato heed 😂. Need to keep hydrated cheers.🍺
You should have done the national park above Letterkenny, old castle house where the chap that invented the gas meter used as his country game home, a movie was made on this, the hanging gail. (y)
castle-8.jpg
castle-10.jpg

Motorhome Craic is the forum associated with Motorhome parking Ireland app which is what you want, they are having issues as the developer passed away but as I understand it it is free to access at the moment until they repair the glitches.
Far superior to any other app whilst in Ireland in my opinion

Decided to book into a site for a night to empty and fill. Just turned up at this stunning site in Ballyshannon right on a lake place was booked out solid till the end of August but the owner said I could park up anywhere I liked but I couldn’t have a hook up fine by me I said think I’ve got the best pich and views on the site not bad for €20 especially in August. Place is spotless showers toilets.
B88D8B2C-0E11-467D-AB01-E3B580615F11.jpeg
8E52B5EB-864A-4ECC-9117-09127490FA6F.jpeg
87F2681B-CA5D-401B-BC49-7C4B9E651E76.jpeg

What I mean by not bad is that’s the first time I’ve paid to park in a week so €20 for a nice safe park up with all the facilities and stunning location ain’t bad when I see the price of some sites and park ups in Ireland.

Being blown away by Ireland. Incredible scenery ! Currently watching the moon light over inch beach and the silhouette of the mountains in the background. We are in the Dingle area and finding it tricky to find park ups . It is a very busy area / time of year and many car parks have barriers. Any tips or places you know of in the area for over night stops or want to throw in some must see places that would be great too. Thanks 😊 View attachment 111408
Do you know how to cancel membership?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back