Ireland is off so its going to be Scotland

Welsh will

Free Member
Well we have had to cancel Ireland due to Covid restrictions which is a shame but as neither of us have had a break from work or home this year having worked through lock down , we have decided to be carefull and respectfull but head up to Scotland to do the NC500.
Been reading up checking all is safe to travel of which it seems to be, had lots of messages from people actually doing it now which were positive.
Going to take our time up there aswell as on the actual route but was hoping to stop over at a location around Loch Ness on way up. Iv checked the location map and there seems to be a fair few spots on either side, just wondering if anyone has stayed at a particular spot that was hassle free and not quite on side of road?
We are mostly off grid wild campers in our T5 so can normally squeeze into a spot so any recomendations be greatly recieved 👍🏼.
As for the NC500 that be a case of making it up as we go along but the North and West coast look very much appealing 😎.
As always thanks in advance

Have a look at cutting across just after Carlisle and travelling up through Dumfries and Ayrshire nice and easy loads of wild camping Spots and will be quieter than the wacky races that has become the NC 500 . You said you have a T5 so you should find parking no problem anywhere in Scotland.The schools have went back now so might be a bit quieter with less hire vans and with a T5 I’d travel round south side of Loch Ness roads tighter but quite and more scenic hope you enjoy your trip and get a break with the weather.

Having just done 1800 miles around Scotland including the NC500, with no issues whatsoever, it seems that MHs are pretty welcome as far as I could see.
The only thing to be aware of on a lot of the 500 is the relentless need to use the passing places and to watch out for those others who should not be allowed to drive anything more than a peddle car, there are some right idiots about!

Ireland really needs to get this Covid business sorted as I am planning on doing a month there mid 2021 trevskoda can you get it sorted 😂

The wife and i were meant to do the nc500 last week but due to the dog needing a small operation and the covid still in the news we decided to leave it until next year.

Hopefully get a week at the beginning of the season before the madness starts.

👍👍

Have a look at cutting across just after Carlisle and travelling up through Dumfries and Ayrshire nice and easy loads of wild camping Spots and will be quieter than the wacky races that has become the NC 500 . You said you have a T5 so you should find parking no problem anywhere in Scotland.The schools have went back now so might be a bit quieter with less hire vans and with a T5 I’d travel round south side of Loch Ness roads tighter but quite and more scenic hope you enjoy your trip and get a break with the weather.
Thanks for this info....will take a look at that route suggested. It be a new route for us so even better.
Yes we always wild camp if we can so that also makes it more appealing 👍🏼

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back