Interior Light Removal

alwaysared

Can anyone tell me how to remove the interior light or lens on a Fiat Ducato to replace the bulb?

This is what is in the manual:

interior light.jpeg

But I'm not having much success and it seems like any more force will break it 🤔 Anyone had any luck doing it?

Kind regards,
Del

Yes, I used a thin and narrow filler knife blade (not sharp) and very carefully eased the lens from being captive. Go easy with it and feel your way along the edge. A screwdriver blade sounds a bit harsh to me.

Alternatively perhaps the rounded end of a nail file (not the pointy end) or a .025” feeler gauge, best with something thin and broad enough to avoid screwdriver blade marks.

Good luck

I've taken mine out as per the instructions and whilst a bit tight I never felt that I was forcing it.

Can anyone tell me how to remove the interior light or lens on a Fiat Ducato to replace the bulb?

This is what is in the manual:

View attachment 104288

But I'm not having much success and it seems like any more force will break it 🤔 Anyone had any luck doing it?

Kind regards,
Del
Be very careful. I cracked mine, don't use superglue to repair it, if you do break it as it makes the plastic go cloudy

Yes, I used a thin and narrow filler knife blade (not sharp) and very carefully eased the lens from being captive. Go easy with it and feel your way along the edge. A screwdriver blade sounds a bit harsh to me.

Alternatively perhaps the rounded end of a nail file (not the pointy end) or a .025” feeler gauge, best with something thin and broad enough to avoid screwdriver blade marks.

Good luck
So the lens comes off and the main unit stays in place? I thought the whole thing came out 🤔
I'll take a closer look later on today.

Regards,
Del

Widish screw driver (or butter knife out kitchen drawer IF the Mrs doesn't catch me ;-))
In each of the 2 slots at the top just on the outside of the switches and gently lever works, on our 2004 ducato

20211218_110734.jpg
20211218_110730.jpg

I maybe telling you how to suck eggs but I would gently warm it before attempting to remove it.
Best of luck
That is a good idea as some plastics become very brittle when cold.

Just leaving the light on for an hour might be worthwhile (I typed that then thought probably want to take the cover off to replace a blown bulb, so that idea wouldn't fly :D )

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back