insurance

Following the post above I tried ASDA comparison site came up with £393 Scenic insurance with Excesses of 300 comp, 100 Vol; BUT only 90 days in Europe
I don't know what the answer is but I think you need to check the wording carefully on the European cover?

Is it
a) a maximum of 90 days in a single trip
or
b) a maximum of 90 days total in the insured period (i.e. 90 days in a year)

I think you see both types of cover quoted quite commonly on travel insurance. If it is b) and you want to use your full "allowance" of 180 days in a year as a UK passport holder, than that cover is no good. Option a) would be what is needed if you want to go 180 days away in total - or you don't have any restriction if an EU passport holder but living in the UK. (Another issue which means you might need to come back to the UK regardless to reset the "days away" counter is the limit on unoccupied house insurance).

It's not probalby an issue for us as we're only going for six weeks, seems a shame but the accounts manager seems to think it's all we can afford, my bigger concern is getting enough drugs to keep her quiet.

Only kidding.

It's not probalby an issue for us as we're only going for six weeks, seems a shame but the accounts manager seems to think it's all we can afford, my bigger concern is getting enough drugs to keep her quiet.

Only kidding.
Phoned Scenic to get 180 day quote, it was £3 more than the 90 day Europe cover
Thanks for the detail of the differences in European day explanations. Each year there’s a new area to clarify!

Anyone else used Scenic? Cheers

I don't know what the answer is but I think you need to check the wording carefully on the European cover?

Is it
a) a maximum of 90 days in a single trip
or
b) a maximum of 90 days total in the insured period (i.e. 90 days in a year)

I think you see both types of cover quoted quite commonly on travel insurance. If it is b) and you want to use your full "allowance" of 180 days in a year as a UK passport holder, than that cover is no good. Option a) would be what is needed if you want to go 180 days away in total - or you don't have any restriction if an EU passport holder but living in the UK. (Another issue which means you might need to come back to the UK regardless to reset the "days away" counter is the limit on unoccupied house insurance).
Thanks for the illuminating notes… discover more each time I renew !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back