Insurance when on SORN

shortcircuit

Read on another group that when individual contacted his insurers, Direct Line, his MH was not insured when SORN'ed. Checking with my own insurers.

SORN is for suspension of your Road Fund Licence or if you have no MOT/insurance. It shouldn't affect your insurance unless you suspend it for some reason. It's always a good idea to keep it insured when off-road anyway in case of any damage or theft.

Direct Line appear to be as much a scam as an insurance company.
They offer low premiums in return for crap cover, botched repairs in their own cheapskate workshops and bad customer service.
Yer pays yer money...

I must say that I’ve found Direct Line to be excellent over many years. I’ve had one car claim very efficiently resolved with no loss of bonus and was amazed that they paid out for far more than expected when I had damage to a wooden floor at home. This year I had a travel insurance claim related to the covid which was settled by my travel insurance but Direct Line actually wrote to me (and all their policy holders) to emphasise that their house contents insurance also covered travel in case anyone affected by the covid outbreak had not realised.

I never bother SORNing the motorhome.

For the sake of £165 ( PHGV rate ) i.e. 45.20p a day / 45.08p a day in a leap year it`s not worth the hassle of needing to mess about re-taxing it if needed in a hurry.

I never SORN like to have the motorhome full functional all year round even during the current crisis, just in case the opportunity to get away love or winter trips to the Highlands guess I'm lucky to be able to afford to do it.

Just rang Adrian Flux to confirm my sorned van has now been taxed. Very fast and friendly service.

Read on another group that when individual contacted his insurers, Direct Line, his MH was not insured when SORN'ed. Checking with my own insurers.
So can I ask, has anyone on here spoken to Direct Line? Or are we all just taking the word of some individual on another group? Just asking because I had my car and house insured with them before going full-time and had nothing but great service from them.

Regards,
Del

I rest my case.

Screenshot_20200701-081903.png

Kind regards,
Del

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back