Insurance underwritten by Marker Study

chablais

Anyone that is insured with AIB with a policy underwritten by Marker Study? Have you ever had to make a claim and what are they like to deal with? Marker Study have a very poor reputation it would seem. As you only find out how good an insurance company is, in your hour of need, I thought it best to check them out, and also ask if anyone has any real world experience.
I am on the annual chase around to renew ins and breakdown for an A class. We started at 343 two years ago and are now being quoted between 368.00 and 758.00!! How they can be so wildy different is startling...
Anyone that as had an A class screen replaced knows the importance of an efficeient claims procedure...
Thanks

Andy

Anyone that is insured with AIB with a policy underwritten by Marker Study? Have you ever had to make a claim and what are they like to deal with? Marker Study have a very poor reputation it would seem. As you only find out how good an insurance company is, in your hour of need, I thought it best to check them out, and also ask if anyone has any real world experience.
I am on the annual chase around to renew ins and breakdown for an A class. We started at 343 two years ago and are now being quoted between 368.00 and 758.00!! How they can be so wildy different is startling...
Anyone that as had an A class screen replaced knows the importance of an efficeient claims procedure...
Thanks

Andy
Ask AIB for a quote with Aviva

I have, unfortunately, initiated a claim through Markerstudy. This follows an accident in Calais last Monday.

They have been helpful on the phone and the email correspondence thus far has been quick to arrive.

I will update this as things progress. I am awaiting approval for repairs at present.

Took one year to get me sorted with aib who get a second party to chaise claim from third partys who ars-d me about,next time im going to a top solicitor cutting out the cr-p.:hammer:

i that is me

Thanks

Andy

am with adrian flux for two years, and no claims about the same, but if you dont try you dont get, best of luck ,pj

Thanks all so far, the first quote from AIB was competitive, and was underwritted by Aviva, but when I mentioned I wanted the A class screen covered, it changed to Marker Study. Based on reviews I would not choose to use them. I know it is easy to just see the negative reviews, however, if you check NFU for instance, it is nearly all positive. that is why I would like to balance the online info with real life experiences.
Will be on the phone again most of tomorrow it would seem....................

Marker study

Hi Andy,

I was looking for a policy a few weeks ago for our self build.

I actually took out a policy with Adrian flux, underwritten by marker study, but similarly, once I checked the reviews of marker study and the Defaqto rating of the policy, it concerned me so much I called Adrian flux back and cancelled it!

I decided that I would rather pay more for peace of mind, so I called the camping and caravanning club and got a quote from them which I immediately accepted as it was well below the price I was given by Adrian flux. Even the admin charges for any changes and the interest rate charged for paying monthly was half that of Adrian flux.

The camping and caravanning clubs policy was underwritten by AGEAS. I also took out the European breakdown assistance.

Just my point of view.

Good luck

Chris

I am with AIB and my intial quote was with Markerstudy as the underwriter, but because I wanted Commuting cover it had to be changed (can't recall who with now - I think it might be Aviva?) so I know AIB use a variety of Underwriters.
I've been with Markerstudy for a few years but never claimed so can't comment on that side.

I have been covered - and claimed - with AXA, and they were absolutely superb when it came to the claim. It could not have gone faster, better or more smoothly than it did.

Oh, just an aside and something Trev may want to look at (if they cover NI) - Legal Cover.

Most insurance companies promote their own services .... I suggest everyone check out MEM Insurance. Replacement Legal Cover for both Home and Motor Insurance Policies. Independant of the insurance companies and MUCH better value.
I haven't had the need to call them myself in the last few years but a friend who bought a policy after I told him about them used them shortly afterwards and reported back they were very good.

I have just had an a class screen replaced and it was really well done by Autoglass.
Paid for by LV via Caravan and Motorhome club insurance.
Cost £75 for the excess and the fitter reckoned cost would have been between £2k and £3k.

I have been insured with AIB for years , in July 2017 when my renewal was due aib came up with marker study has the cheapest company so i went with them, 4 weeks later my camper was hit by a hit and run driver, 6 weeks later and a cheque for 17k fell through the front door. I found marker study fair and im still with them.

sorry

Thanks all so far, the first quote from AIB was competitive, and was underwritted by Aviva, but when I mentioned I wanted the A class screen covered, it changed to Marker Study. Based on reviews I would not choose to use them. I know it is easy to just see the negative reviews, however, if you check NFU for instance, it is nearly all positive. that is why I would like to balance the online info with real life experiences.
Will be on the phone again most of tomorrow it would seem....................

sorry not my cup of tea nfu should stick to sheep merr. try once not for me, pj

So far so good with Markerstudy. They have been polite and helpful on the phone though the wait time on the claims line has been lengthy on three occasions.

They would have met their target five working day claim turnaround but for a problem with the images sent by the repairer.

The claim was approved today.

No complaints from this customer.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back