Insurance renewal

• Thread starter Deleted member 94473
  • Start date
I've never understood the regional thing fully Kev.

If a few of my neighbours have accidents would my insurance go up Or is it based on theft?
When our daughter left home and got a place with her boyfriend her car insurance halved o_O

She was only 1/2 a mile away but she was now in PR4 *** where as we are in PR1 *** despite us both being 3 miles away from Preston :mad:

We were with Safeguard who offered renewal at £323... went to AIB who were £400 . Did price comparison and ended up with PBIS for £206 with 180 days in EU. Safeguard include breakdown but have it with our co-op bank account anyway. Adrian Flux drove me mad, called four times ( all different people!) Initial quote was £395 and ended up as £268. Then sent a text and left phone message asking why I didn't go with them:mad:

We were with Safeguard who offered renewal at £323... went to AIB who were £400 . Did price comparison and ended up with PBIS for £206 with 180 days in EU. Safeguard include breakdown but have it with our co-op bank account anyway. Adrian Flux drove me mad, called four times ( all different people!) Initial quote was £395 and ended up as £268. Then sent a text and left phone message asking why I didn't go with them:mad:

Excuse my ignorance but who / what is ........................................ PBIS :unsure:

AIB are a broker we have been using for all our motors because they are local and answer the phone , but it all depends on who they place you with. Our Motorhome is with Markerstudy and when we had the misfortune to lose a windscreen earlier this year their appointed repairer Auto windscreens left us stranded 300 miles from home for NINE days to replace a front screen in a Fiat Ducato which is probably one of the most common vans on the road and all AIB say is you were unlucky on this occasion……. You make your own mind up!

Hi guys,

Relative newbie here. Just had my motorhome renewal notice from Adrian Flux.

Seems fairly competitive (including breakdown) albeit it's about the same as when I started out 2 years ago and should have 2 years no claims now.

Just wondering who everyone else approaches for an alternative quote to ensure they're not being fleeced?

I've no affinity to Adrian Flux and read they're not necessarily the best when it comes to claims but recent feedback from member experiences would be most appreciated. :)

Cheers
Gary
I am also with Adrian Flux and find the agreed value addition fairly unique and valuable.
The only claim I made was my fault but they dealt with it very effectively

I used them when I was doing my selfbuild, and the next year then they almost doubled the premium for no reason, I enquired why, I even told them I'd look elswhere, no reduction so not bothered with them since, they can Flux off.

• Funny
Reactions: GMJ
Only bit to check with eu cover is the length of each trip.
Some only give 30 days even though they say 30/60/90/180 in eu..
It's the individual trip that matters...

I’m another using Safeguard, I’m hoping to never have to see how good/bad they are. I’ve tried price comparison sites and AIB and they were always higher, so why change?

Reactions: GMJ
Question,
Just had my renewal from Comfort but on reading this thread thought I'd try Safeguard, fell at the first hurdle.

We have a Bailey Autograph Approach 625 which I would describe as a coachbuilt.
Their site has classification including Low Profile Motorhome and Coachbuilt Motorhome.
1670418018268.png

We don't have an over-cab bed, should I be selecting low profile????

I cant remember what I did as we don't have an overcab either. I'm not sure that the picture makes the low profile look lower than the Coachbuilt ....higher if anything. I wouldn't have thought it would make that much difference as you will specify the make and model anyway.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back