Insurance renewal

• Thread starter Deleted member 94473
  • Start date
I cant remember what I did as we don't have an overcab either. I'm not sure that the picture makes the low profile look lower than the Coachbuilt ....higher if anything. I wouldn't have thought it would make that much difference as you will specify the make and model anyway.
Gave up when I hit another conundrum and phoned them. They never asked about the shape. Couldn't beat Comfort.

It's a funny old game insurance as I was with Comfort for years and they were the most competitive. I then went to the dark side (AIB) for one year and looked to come back to Comfort the following year but they are now a good 3 figures more expensive every year than Safeguard.

I’m another using Safeguard, I’m hoping to never have to see how good/bad they are. I’ve tried price comparison sites and AIB and they were always higher, so why change?

I`ve only used Safeguard`s breakdown service once in all the years we`ve been with them on the very first trip out in the motorhome we have now o_O

Sat at the Tore roundabout waiting to pull onto it having spent the night at Rosemarkie when a bloody great John Deere with a huge trailer loaded with manure came round it and came onto our side of the road and severed the drivers side wing mirror clean off, gawd only knows how the hell it didn`t go all the way down the side of the motorhome 🤬

Rang them up and they had a local recovery truck to us within 20 minutes who sorted out the wiring so we could drive to the Peugeot dealer in Inverness just the other side of the Kessock bridge, he followed behind us with all the beacons etc. going to the dealer.

We had the option of waiting for a low loader or drive there with him following which i chose.

We used it once when we had a blow out on the M6. It took ages for them to get to us and then the bloke had to change the tyre on the hard shoulder as they sent the wrong vehicle despite them knowing we were 5t and 8.7m long!

From my experience it's often like that with emergency support: some get there within minutes and others take hours. I guess it depends on where the nearest unit is and how busy they are.

Has the original poster never come back to update members?
I've put it on hold for now as my van needs a bit of welding anyway It's laid up as my mechanic can't get the van on his ramps and doesn't like struggling in the cold. Still getting my head around how this unwieldy site works too as don't seem to get follow up notifications but I have thanked early commentators and pm'd someone.

I've put it on hold for now as my van needs a bit of welding anyway It's laid up as my mechanic can't get the van on his ramps and doesn't like struggling in the cold. Still getting my head around how this unwieldy site works too as don't seem to get follow up notifications but I have thanked early commentators and pm'd someone.

Have a look at 'Preferences' in your profile, you should be able to set notifications there.

The site is easy really - once you get more familiar with it. Good luck.

Have a look at 'Preferences' in your profile, you should be able to set notifications there.

The site is easy really - once you get more familiar with it. Good luck.

Also, look out for alerts (Top right hand of home screen next to your User name - Bell symbol/icon).

Sorry if teaching gran to suck eggs though! 😊

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back