Insurance glass limit

MOJO

Free Member
Insurance glass replacement. Important to not have limits on the policy. We use CCC. No limits on windows. Our Hymer double glazed A class windows all in various states of condensation. Using their designated contractor all replaced with Hymer units costing £5,500 with no excess. No increase, we'll very little, at renewal last week. Screens and windows are expensive. Our policy says "windscreen and windows". Do others only cover windscreens?

The default for glass insurance is normally £600, I doubt if thats even enough for a coach built with standard windscreen.
I have an A class and I contacted Roller Team for the cost of a replacement screen and was told £4,000.
So I now have sufficient cover for windscreen replacement.
It's important when renewing your insurance that you sort this out.
Not all motorhome insurers will give sufficient cover for A class models.

When I had my Hymer A class I had to have the windscreen replaced twice, both times replaced in Germany by Hymer dealer at a cost of £2,300 including VAT each time, just had to pay standard windscreen excess of £100, the first time I enquired at Hymer UK at Preston and they wanted £1,800 just for the screen plus £500 for all the sealants and cleaners plus fitting which would have been £700 all plus VAT.

Having now owned a Motorhome for eleven years I have had to have two new screens in that time. First on a coach built and then on an a class. First time after a storm woke up in the night to move the van somewhere more sheltered to find the screen on the drivers side had a huge figure eight crack. The second time a chip on the screen which after checking with an mot station was told it would be acceptable but the insurance company just said contact Autoglass who immediately arranged to replace it. The screen came from Belgium. I would never now go without screen cover as you don’t need to be doing anything wild and wonderful to be in need of replacement

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back