Insurance Europe 90 Days

Penny13

Anyone found amazing deals for the 90 days in Europe ( Spain France ) for a 71 year old and 58 year old it’s me who has health issues not the oldie ;)

Anyone found amazing deals for the 90 days in Europe ( Spain France ) for a 71 year old and 58 year old it’s me who has health issues not the oldie ;)
I am 72 and I always use one of the comparison sites to get travel insurance. I have one medical condition which loads the premiums quite a bit.

There's a huge range of cost as you will find. One thing to check before purchase - many insurers require you to hold a return (ferry) ticket which is noted in the policy document. I always buy a single ticket so I have to check the policy document to ensure that I'm covered.

If you use any of the cashback websites, e.g. Quidco, they offer decent amounts of cashback and a comparison facility. Well worth doing!

That`s precisely why we gave up going abroad, the wife has cancer and whilst she was covered with the existing policy when the renewal came we nearly fekking fainted, i didn`t know that such an high percentage increase was possible given all the years we`ve had travel insurance and never made a claim.

I did ring around and try comparison sites but they all came back with similar astronomical quotes which we simply could not afford.

Our other medical conditions loaded the policy by a tiny, tiny amount so that was fine but this could only be described as abhorrent to penalise someone who has developed a condition that was not caused by self infliction, over indulgence or anything like that.

This now gives me the opportunity to also say that we`ve given up motorhoming completely as well and our motorhome has been sold.

That`s precisely why we gave up going abroad, the wife has cancer and whilst she was covered with the existing policy when the renewal came we nearly fekking fainted, i didn`t know that such an high percentage increase was possible given all the years we`ve had travel insurance and never made a claim.

I did ring around and try comparison sites but they all came back with similar astronomical quotes which we simply could not afford.

Our other medical conditions loaded the policy by a tiny, tiny amount so that was fine but this could only be described as abhorrent to penalise someone who has developed a condition that was not caused by self infliction, over indulgence or anything like that.

This now gives me the opportunity to also say that we`ve given up motorhoming completely as well and our motorhome has been sold.
Graham, that’s a real shame, but there are so many places to travel to in our wee island.

But you have obviously made your decision, sorry to hear this.

They really are the lowest of the low sometimes Graham and neither of you deserve this.

I hope you can take some nice breaks away in the UK with the proceeds of the sale and get away from those f****g neighbours as well for a bit. One thing's for sure, whoever bought your motorhome has probably got one of the best maintained vehicles in the country so I do hope you got a good price.

Best wishes to you both.

I'm in Jaipur now and talking to a 84 year old lady from UK about insurance. She pays £270 for a annual worldwide policy but has to pay a extra £75 to add usa and Australia to it..she has no health issues...
Guess who I'm phoning in the future...
" Staysure "

Back