INSURANCE - again!

carol

I’ve recently been quoted £820, by AIB, up by £200+ on last year - apart from the general increase I’m told it’s because of my post code (Bradford 9) and the fact that my van is on the road. Anyone else with these issues found a cheaper provider? The guy at AIB said he’s spent ages looking and that’s the cheapest he can get. Is it even worth looking for something cheaper? Thanks for any advice.

I insure through AIB Carol and mine has just gone up to £238 an increase of £20 from last year. The actual Insurance company they are brokering for is KGM Motor Insurance. Obviously I am happy with the price, but as they are a company who AIB represent I presume that they have already been approached by AIB.

Have you tried the other comparison sites?

By the way, hope you've had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year to you xx

Insurance is always dearer if you have a BD postcode,
I remember one year a friend who lives in Queensbury but a Bd post code, his insurance wouldn’t renew as they were no longer insuring in the bd post code it was the same with a lot of insurance companies,
He ended up going with the NFU

I’ve recently been quoted £820, by AIB, up by £200+ on last year - apart from the general increase I’m told it’s because of my post code (Bradford 9) and the fact that my van is on the road. Anyone else with these issues found a cheaper provider? The guy at AIB said he’s spent ages looking and that’s the cheapest he can get. Is it even worth looking for something cheaper? Thanks for any advice.
I’m in Bolton and was charged around the same price. I looked around but couldn’t find a better price with same conditions.

Mine went up £100 this year but I did have a claim against me which they are disputing. Anyway mine was with Caravan Guard in Hororfax.
Have you tried finding a friendly neighbour who would let you use their drive?

Mine went up £100 this year but I did have a claim against me which they are disputing. Anyway mine was with Caravan Guard in Hororfax.
Have you tried finding a friendly neighbour who would let you use their drive?
I did Peter but she’s now using it for her potted plants! Happy New Year!

I insure through AIB Carol and mine has just gone up to £238 an increase of £20 from last year. The actual Insurance company they are brokering for is KGM Motor Insurance. Obviously I am happy with the price, but as they are a company who AIB represent I presume that they have already been approached by AIB.

Have you tried the other comparison sites?

By the way, hope you've had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year to you xx
Wow, that’s cheap, Rob! Happy New Year to you too

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back