Info required

borderbun

:blink: Hi , We are new to this site and we would like to request help from members re wild camping in our motorhome.
We have looked at the sites listed elsewhere on this forum but most mentioned only overnight stays-- We are looking for somewhere for a bit longer stay so hope your members can help please :D

Our problem is that we have 9 dogs ( all friendly , well behaved , not small ! ) so cannot consider " normal " sites as they would not understand LOL!

We have not been away from home for 12 years now and have bought the motorhome in the faint hope that we may be able to get a break away with our much loved dogs in the next two weeks -- bet we wouldn't have this problem if we had 9 kids LOL!

We would like to hear from members who have managed a similar expedition with success anywhere in Scotland ( preferably Dumfries & Galloway, Perthshire or Highlands and Islands)

Can you recommend any places where we can safely park up for a few days , near water or beach-- remote as possible so we don't disturb others who are not canine friendly?--- Pub within walking distance would be a perfect bonus !

An impossible dream ? -- we would appreciate any info thanks

Val & Allen

I hope I gave you some ideas by e-mail. there are a few others on site too.
roi from wales

Attachments

• P1000884.jpg
    P1000884.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 175
Hi Borderbun,
Basically the further north you go the more desolate it becomes.
Get past Ullapool and it gets more and more like another planet, I'm sure Roi will agree. Although it does involve lots of hill climb driving, the bonus is privacy.
Make sure your fuel tank is full before Ullapool, petrol stations are few and far between.

With friendly greetings,
Ian

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back