In line water filter

ian81

Thinking of fitting one to the cold supply to the kitchen tap.

The Whale looks an easy fit but the price per filter is high.

Has anyone any experience of fitting a 'fridge' type inline filter?

It's usual to have a small additional trigger type water outlet added for the filtered water because the filters really reduce the flow rate and you don't need filtered water for cleaning, rinsing etc.
You can get dedicated Tri flow taps which take 3 feeds but they are quite expensive.

You could just use a filter jug.

Or buy still water from a Supermarket (20p a litre at Tesco)

Attachments

• 20180727_140920.jpg
    20180727_140920.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 25
  • filter under sink.jpg
    filter under sink.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 22
  • T junction fitted.jpg
    T junction fitted.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 23
Fitted an inline cartridge filter on pressure hose after the pump for the whole system to take out nasties.
Don't tend to drink tank water unless boiled. Change the filter every 6months or so, not expensive.

Fitted an inline cartridge filter on pressure hose after the pump for the whole system to take out nasties.
Don't tend to drink tank water unless boiled. Change the filter every 6months or so, not expensive.
I'm pretty sure you need something more sophisticated than an inline cartridge filter to remove the stuff that'll make you ill, as you say boiling automatically get's done when making hot drinks or maybe UV treatment may do it? I think I've read in the past somewhere that silver also kills bugs but I guess we're going to be getting really expensive now!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back