Ignorant

Debs

Well this morning, I popped into my local Tesco for a loaf. Pulled into the car park and parked for an easy get out, and was one space away from a nice looking coach built. Got out and gave the dog instructions not to leave any evidence if he ate a burglar, locked the van, then turned round to acknowledge the other driver as he was sat in his seat. Well.... he just turned away and I thought .....you ignorant TW&T....you arrogant BAR-STEWARD, and I thought, shall I have a go at him........nah, not worth the scuff on me Doc Martens. OK rant over, taken me pills and alls well. :mad1::mad1::mad1:

Well this morning, I popped into my local Tesco for a loaf. Pulled into the car park and parked for an easy get out, and was one space away from a nice looking coach built. Got out and gave the dog instructions not to leave any evidence if he ate a burglar, locked the van, then turned round to acknowledge the other driver as he was sat in his seat. Well.... he just turned away and I thought .....you ignorant TW&T....you arrogant BAR-STEWARD, and I thought, shall I have a go at him........nah, not worth the scuff on me Doc Martens. OK rant over, taken me pills and alls well. :mad1::mad1::mad1:

Lol Debs some days things just wind you I'm the same and it usually involves a supermarket carpark I resisted the other day when a guy cut me up and nicked my space that I was clearly indicating to turn into I was spitting feathers but I resisted abusing him ( he was bigger than me lol)

well just look at it this way he will get his comeuppance what goes around come around as may dad said : manners cost nothing but you can get rich rewards by using them :

Funnily enough I was at Tesco this morning when a woman pulled in near me in a camper van,she waved in my direction and I thought,she's too hot to be waving at the likes of me,so I turned around to see who had got her attention,by the time I turned back she was flouncing off into the shop.

not sure of your van i asume its the one on your avitar or whatever there called . but dont you find as with caravan owners the nicer and more expensive the van some have ,the further there nose is up there arse . funny there used to be a elite set with big posh wobble boxes and range rovers ,now its getting that way with motorhomes .we had a great week last week in our van on jacobs mount site ,scarborough ,many different van and camper vans motorhomes some worth like mine a grand or so others many thousands ,and many different people some great others wouldent even pass the time of day you could tell the divide realy . but one thing realy made me laugh ,there was a top of the range buccaner caravan opposite us worth 20k or so, looked as if it was parked up there some of the year many have there vans there year round the owner rocked up in the big posh 4x4 ,.now i noticed the panoramic roof window at the front was full of condensation earlier and thats not good .anyway off he went about his self leveling system and electric stability gubbins bit of a show off you get the type all nice stuff and he let you know it but chukkied up to the neck type ,anyway he opened the door ,o.m.g the whole front end was like a fish tank he took the blinds out and they were green mouldy .of course i couldent help but offer him help ,when i looked inside the upholstery was green mold . it was basicaly a total loss ,but his self leveling worked fine . i did feel sorry for him though realy it must have been devastating for them .

Hey, not me. I have a coach built and always have a smile for every civil person. ? this ones for you.
Of course we in the big white boxes have to put up with those who think we should not be on the road, car park etc.
?❤️? to all.

That's one thing I've noticed on this site over the years, there doesn't appear to be any snobbery.
It doesn't matter whether you turn up to a Meet in a Ford Transit, with a mattress in the back, or an American RV costing many thousands of pounds.
What a refreshing change from the C&MC!

Deb's you are obviously the better person here so don't worry.:wave:
If it happened to me I would have made sure he heard my next comment.
DO please remember to acknowledge the next person in a white box they are
not all the same & it may be me, I am sure it will balance your outlook
on human mankind.

I have been there with a paid for, old van with windows, now moved to a big white box :) and still paying for it :( .
This makes me no different to someone with a paid for old van, if my big white box was sold I would be back with a van with windows. :)

Wow, didn't expect that response, I think that reaffirms that I belong to the best community that I could be. A big WHOOPEE to Phil for running the site. I must admit to favouring self-build vans, and I think that comes from the old days, when the "posh" wouldn't be seen dead in a van. My very first van was converted by some one with a lot of skill, whoever it was turned an old V4 engined Transit van into a coach-built in his backyard, and I had a lot of good weekends in the "coal-yard" at Whitby, till some t*rd had it away and when I got it back, it was scrap! For those of you who are too young, or those that don't know, the "coal-yard" is what is now known as the Marina. It stems from the days of steam, and that was where the coal was stored for the steam engines.
:drive::ninja:

not sure of your van i asume its the one on your avitar or whatever there called . but dont you find as with caravan owners the nicer and more expensive the van some have ,the further there nose is up there arse . funny there used to be a elite set with big posh wobble boxes and range rovers ,now its getting that way with motorhomes .we had a great week last week in our van on jacobs mount site ,scarborough ,many different van and camper vans motorhomes some worth like mine a grand or so others many thousands ,and many different people some great others wouldent even pass the time of day you could tell the divide realy . but one thing realy made me laugh ,there was a top of the range buccaner caravan opposite us worth 20k or so, looked as if it was parked up there some of the year many have there vans there year round the owner rocked up in the big posh 4x4 ,.now i noticed the panoramic roof window at the front was full of condensation earlier and thats not good .anyway off he went about his self leveling system and electric stability gubbins bit of a show off you get the type all nice stuff and he let you know it but chukkied up to the neck type ,anyway he opened the door ,o.m.g the whole front end was like a fish tank he took the blinds out and they were green mouldy .of course i couldent help but offer him help ,when i looked inside the upholstery was green mold . it was basicaly a total loss ,but his self leveling worked fine . i did feel sorry for him though realy it must have been devastating for them .

Yep, that's my van in the Avatar.

Perfect stranger waves , you don't respond . Apparently this makes you ignorant , snobby , arrogant and , even worse , PLASTIC ! Maybe this poor soul is shy ?
Ok I better start waving at perfect strangers that , probably , I have absolutely nothing in common with . Wouldn't want to get called bad names

Just a question.....how do you know you were seen? I often stare mindlessly out and not see what it there? Just as well i don't take offence all the time or I would be in a permanent flout!!

This is like the 'To wave or not to wave' issue.
We wave to other MH drivers, and occasionally van drivers by mistake :wave:, as a matter of habit.
But there are many now who don't lift a hand in reply, particularly the new MH pilots who may be hirers.
We don't care, just spread a little bonhomie when you can!

Lol Debs some days things just wind you I'm the same and it usually involves a supermarket carpark I resisted the other day when a guy cut me up and nicked my space that I was clearly indicating to turn into I was spitting feathers but I resisted abusing him ( he was bigger than me lol)

A taxy driver did that on me,only to find some nasty s--t had let his tyres down on return.:dance:

It sounds like a bit of a leak , this really should not happen to any habitable vehicle or caravan, it will probably into the wood frame as well. I was going to ask was it a Swift or a bailey but thought no that might rile a few of the owners on here. That however is an Elldis , so the same must apply to them. It WAS probably worth about £12000 but now nothing, poor sod can't imagine how I would feel.

blimey what a sensitive bunch.as an extremely common commoner, i don't get bothered by people who can't share the craic, shrug and move on,so many people to meet out there, don't be offended so easily- they could have things on their mind or be right up their arse, let them get on with it and be glad for the ones you meet who are ok
just by the by i was once parked up at Praia De Rocha in my tatty old merc,and got chatting to a guy in a hundred grands worth. he invited me in for a cuppa. as i climbed in i was hit by a truly disgusting stench. as i nodded to a furiously blushing lady trying to disappear in the corner of the lounge, the wealthy owner says '' sorry about the honk, wife's just done a number 2 ''

To Wave or not to Wave. Back in the day, a nod, a smile, a wave, was just an acknowledgement/courtesy to and from fellow travellers who were enjoying being out and about in their vans, enjoying the great outdoors. I'm glad I was part of that generation.

To Wave or not to Wave. Back in the day, a nod, a smile, a wave, was just an acknowledgement/courtesy to and from fellow travellers who were enjoying being out and about in their vans, enjoying the great outdoors. I'm glad I was part of that generation.

Like nodding or smiling at someone walking along the beach etc passing by you! Still do it, Deb's, just don't take it to heart when there is no response! I just enjoy it when I am acknowledged 😁

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back