Regards..Lenny

Sound advice, Nick:cool: Obviously Santa did'nt bring you one either:eek:

Regards..Lenny
nope lenny, he left me a few quid & said,
get your own in february!!!!
smart fella he is!
:D :D :D sundown

I think sat navs will be worth buying, when the dust settles

Hopefully that will happen before the dust settles on the busted up marriage.

Once I started driving a 40' motorhome a-framing a 4WD behind, with a co-pilot who uses random numbers to select between left and right so we ended up in narrow back streets full of "traffic calming devices", the need for GPS navigator became critical.

Already got my UK and Western Europe maps downloaded and installed.

Now if I can only sort out the differing conventions covering how an address is expressed AND remember to drive on the wrong side of the road, I should survive the upcoming 6 months in good shape.

Hopefully that will happen before the dust settles on the busted up marriage.

Once I started driving a 40' motorhome a-framing a 4WD behind, with a co-pilot who uses random numbers to select between left and right so we ended up in narrow back streets full of "traffic calming devices", the need for GPS navigator became critical.

Already got my UK and Western Europe maps downloaded and installed.

Now if I can only sort out the differing conventions covering how an address is expressed AND remember to drive on the wrong side of the road, I should survive the upcoming 6 months in good shape.

in the UK we drive on the left side of the road
which is not right
we hold a cigarette in the right hand
and the ashtray is on the left :confused: :confused: :confused:

in europe they drive on the right
they hold a cigerette in the right hand
the ashtray is on the right :D :D :D

I think, we in the "UK" have got it wrong somewhere
sundown

Yes, in Australia we drive on the left side of the road which is the right side of the road to drive on, whereas the continentals drive on the right side of the road which is the right side for them but doesn't seem right to me.

Very confusing so I hope I get it right.

The TomTom says it will remind me whether it is the left side or right side that is the right side to drive on, but I'm a bit worried that when I go to turn right or left, unless it reminds me each time, I could easily end up not on the right side once I get around the corner and that certainly would not be right.

The other danger is that in an emergency, I might instinctively swerve to the right side of the road as programmed into my brain but since this would not be the right side in Europe, my actions would not be right.

Then, about the time I have gotten used to driving on the wrong side of the road which is the right side of the road - which is the right side on the continent, I will be taking the ferry across to Scotland and so will not be driving on the right side of the road if I go to drive on the right side of the road. Compounding that I will not be driving from the right seat so that what may have come to feel right in Europe, certainly will not only not be the right side, but will not be right in the UK since I won't be able to see around the right side of the car in front

Maybe I should take out full comprehensive property damage instead of third party after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have my English driving license from 1975, it tells me to drive fast down the middle of the road. I think the exact words are "Tear down dotted line":D
~Monk~

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back