Identify windows latching system?

Nabsim

One of the slides that the window latching system are fixed to has cracked and I have not yet found who’s makes them. You push a red button in then turn the catch which releases two places at bottom centre as well as sliding catches free from half way up each side of the window. The centre catch has instructions in German but can’t see anything. The ‘glass’ is Dometic but can’t see anything one their ssite so far and of course they could have been replaced.

1DCB3C6C-61D4-496D-9F39-2118F5A48752.jpg

I have got a couple of windows where the plastic strip has broken. I have done a temporary repair by taping across the crack but (when I get round to it) intend to see if I can do a better repair by gluing plastic (needs to be strong but be able to bend as the fracture is at the bottom curve of the window) across the join.
I did do a search on eBay by putting in “Hymer parts” and Brownhills had the replacement kits for the various window sizes at about £50 each. Looks fiddly to fit the strip, so would rather try to repair and save some cash.

I have got a couple of windows where the plastic strip has broken. I have done a temporary repair by taping across the crack but (when I get round to it) intend to see if I can do a better repair by gluing plastic (needs to be strong but be able to bend as the fracture is at the bottom curve of the window) across the join.
I did do a search on eBay by putting in “Hymer parts” and Brownhills had the replacement kits for the various window sizes at about £50 each. Looks fiddly to fit the strip, so would rather try to repair and save some cash.

What did they identify them as can you remember? £50 seems a bit excessive if it’s just the plastic strip but then again everything for me seems to be the same. I can slide the broken bit down manually so it’s not urgent or a show stopper, at those prices when I need to fix I will probably make something :)

Just looked on eBay and they don’t appear to give a name to them. Put “Hymer window sliding strap kit” or “Hymer caravan parts” into search and you will find them. All at Brownhills and £50+.
Do a repair and save the cash. As said before the strap needs to bend, and any joint is in tension. My temporary repair consisted of a few layers of strips of grey Duct tape. Has lasted for a year, and cost next to nothing. If you find something better, then let us know.

That definitely shows what we have, at least they do come with the fittings I suppose but scandalous price. Bet you can get flexible plastic strip from a craft shop then cut with Stanley knife.

Thanks for identifying them 👍

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back