Ideas and Thoughts Welcome - New Old Van

RAW

I have been super busy working, looking after relatives, and away from the WC and MHB sites for quite some time and without a van.

We relocated to the South back in 2021 and are now moving back up North, house is on the market here www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/136729688#/

We (two of us and no dog...yet) are looking for a New (Old) (Can't afford New, new) Van to stay in whilst we look for somewhere to live in the North of England (remaining living family are up there).

If anyone knows of anything suitable as a live-in type van, must have fixed double bed ideally in rear and ideally a diesel heater, could you let me know please ? Budget is up to £15,000 (not huge)

TIA, Robert

Hey Guy’s,
Maybe consider buying & Fitting out a Van or Small Lorry if your license allows.
You can do it but by bit as funds become available.
I’m guessing you’ve trolled all the regular websites for vehicles.
But BEST of luck for selling your house 👍😊

Reactions: RAW
Great thanks, can drive up to 7.5T on my license (C1) but have driver's card though CPC expires 2025
I think that would be the best bet too but don't think time allows for much of that as I will be working FT pretty much until the house sale completes and no idea when that will be.....

Thanks for the luck :)

Well there’s an awful lot of Fair stuff out there now that ‘Livaboard’ type vehicle prices have stabilised somewhat.
My Boxy is a Tag Axel & 4800kg & 7.5m Long. It’s probably similar in size to what you want to realistically start looking for to give Payload & Space for the 3 of you with the all important Rear Fixed Double. So don’t underestimate the ‘PAYLOAD’ element as a Livaboard.
👍

I would agree with the payload comment.
I personally would be looking at vehicles at about 4.5t
However most fulltimers seem to store belongings at relatives e.t.c so if it had to be 3.5 t you would need that option to store seasonal stuff.

Reactions: RAW
The advert shows the MODEL etc
This would be a private sale.
We need to await the hab report
I was hoping for £17000 plus but....
The motorhome workshop ( next week) have been asked to ensure all is good

Back