Iain (Nightman)

Tonybvi

I don‘t know how many of you will remember Iain (user name Nightman if I remember correctly) who used to frequent this forum many years back and attended several of the Scottish meets (eg Magbrin‘s meets near Inverness and those organised by the Laird at West Sands, St Andrews). His partner Katie phoned this morning to tell us that he passed away yesterday immediately following a stroke and asked us to let any of his Wild Camping friends know.

We first met Iain many years back at Brin and, despite coming from totally different backgrounds, we became and remained good friends. He was truly the salt of the earth. Although we are not great “meet attendees”, usually preferring our own company, this friendship demonstrates the importance of forums such as Wild Camping and the gatherings associated with them. We have become friends with so many folk as a result of our relatively infrequent attendances at such events and our participation in the forums.

Tony and Sue

Thanks Tony,
We met Iain 2x at Brinherb (a magbrin Highland Gatherings)
Nice man !
RIP.
We call him IAN with the extra I

RIP, Iain. Met the gent briefly at a St Andrews meet.
Second dose of sad news within 24 hrs ☹️

Just back up the road from Iain’s funeral in Kirkcaldy where I was privileged to be asked to be one of the pall bearers. Iain was one of the first folk we met at our first ever WC meet many years back (Highland Gathering at Brin) and he has been a great pal ever since. His partner Katie told us how much he enjoyed the various WC meets and how many good people he met. She asked me to thank you all.

242702F4-0E9A-4057-AEC9-D2D9EC2FAB92.jpeg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back