I.o.w.

izwozral

Anyone been to the I.O.W with a MH and what is like for wilding? Is it worth a visit?

I was there last April, although doing other things, but looking out all the time, and there are places, but because of the size of the place I would guess that it's a little more difficult.
Sorry I couldn't be more specific.
Good luck with that Ral.

how expensive are the ferry fares ? i know ferries over to the isle of wight were a stupid price......

how expensive are the ferry fares ? i know ferries over to the isle of wight were a stupid price......

They vary depending on the time of year and time of day, I have to go over about 15 times per year and i have had them as low as £20 each way up to £40 each way, i always use Red funnel ferries.
I do believe that if you are using a campsite you can book through them and get it cheaper,

We went many many years back using a deal with the Caravan Club, 5 nights on a site plus the ferry worked out cheaper than just booking the ferry myself :rolleyes2:

Orchards Caravan Park if memory servers me right and one thing i do remember is that the pitches were very small and packed in like sardines :mad2:

The facilities on site had been well abused and needed some serious money spending in them to bring them up to scratch :hammer:

Had a look at some of the coastal car parks on the south of the island but they were busy then so gawd only knows how bad they are now :scared:

We did get some grief from locals whilst parking in the town centre car parks but i paid for the 1 or 2 bays we occupied so they could fek off :mad1:

There was some talk a few years back of motorhomes being banned from the car parks there but we `ve no intention of going back so i didn`t take much notice.

Last edited:
We went many years ago. Didn’t wild because we got the £100 for 5 nights red funnel and orchards site deal. Didn’t rate the site, but because we declared a dog, they put you in the far field away from everything.

I wish I had explored a deal with the C&CC site, it looked smart. Orchards was at one end of the island so every trip was a journey.

Nice place though and worth the money for 5 nights.

Jon

If you really want to travel back to the 50's then the IoW is the place. The roads are narrow, but the beer is ok. On the other hand, you are paying a lot of money for the ferry ride. There are quite a few coastal car parks along the south coast, but I doubt whether there are many other spots.

It`s 15 years since we went over and i`m glad we did, Osborne House was the main reason for going was very good but we won`t bother again.

Like i said earlier it was quite busy then and parking the motorhome wasn`t easy so heaven only know what it`s like now :scared:

We stayed all day parked in the overflow car park on the right as you drive in, very enjoyable :dance:

Went back to the motorhome at half way round for something to eat and drink instead of pay the exorbitant prices the cafe`s charge in them places :mad2:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back