I got the call

Now you know I would never ever wind anyone up 😂😂😂

giphy-2.gif

Us youngsters may have to wait if we pause the vaccine in UK after highest groups done as suggested by WHO today?
Does seem a bit unfair that UK have ordered too many for the population and hope that poorer countries will benefit from our overspend....it has to be global or it will still be a problem. Not too mention the moral ethical issue.

Does seem a bit unfair that UK have ordered too many for the population and hope that poorer countries will benefit from our overspend....it has to be global or it will still be a problem. Not too mention the moral ethical issue.
Not unfair at all, they were edging their bets. If they had only ordered one type and it failed they would have got a right slagging for not ordering others. Any surplus to our needs will not get wasted.

Not unfair at all, they were edging their bets. If they had only ordered one type and it failed they would have got a right slagging for not ordering others. Any surplus to our needs will not get wasted.
Don't mean the ordering was unfair, agree it was very sensible, but my point was that I don't like the idea that we have surplus when other, poorer countries have none

Don't mean the ordering was unfair, agree it was very sensible, but my point was that I don't like the idea that we have surplus when other, poorer countries have none
We have no surplus it all hasn't been manufactured yet never mind delivered. All we have is an over order and if the gov does what it says it will do. Then when we have got sufficient for our needs it will be passed on to other countries. Or don't you think our government should look after its own citizens first.

Maybe everyone is forgetting...

Injected vaccines (nothing to do with covid) have been going on every day around the world for decades.
When a full-blown pandemic comes along requiring a massive vaccination program worldwide, you simply cannot manufacture this sort of stuff, package it, store it, transport it blah blah all the other logistical stuff in 5 mins overnight.

For once the UK were ahead of the game and got an order in for whatever new vaccines were being mooted way back last year.
That's because they were fortunate enough to have hired an eminently sensible woman at the outset who was a proper scientist (y)

The fact that the EU weren't so quick off the mark is neither the manufacturer's fault nor the fault of the UK.
Blaming the manufacturing company for the implied 'shortfall' and trying to suggest their particular vaccine isn't effective for over 65s is simply a way of deflecting blame, imho.

I won't mention the P word, but there is another 'P' occurring here alongside, and it's spelt 'posturing' :)

Last edited:
@Fazerloz Ok, I give up. I actually think that covid should be dealt with on a global basis not just us and them. Protecting other poorer countries will also protect us overall. I would be happy to delay my vaccination for a short while so that vulnerable elsewhere can be treated. Not continuing with discussion.:oops:

@Fazerloz Ok, I give up. I actually think that covid should be dealt with on a global basis not just us and them. Protecting other poorer countries will also protect us overall. I would be happy to delay my vaccination for a short while so that vulnerable elsewhere can be treated. Not continuing with discussion.:oops:
I agree with you in principle Ruth, I really do, but logically if we don't get our own house in order now, we just won't be in a position to help other nations properly. Distribution and delivery is going to be a huge logistical problem for poorer nations and they'll need a lot of extra help and hands on deck to achieve anything, as well as money that even the richer nations are struggling with because of all the financial support they've given. At the moment, we're under national lockdown, as are many other countries, and we won't be able to travel freely to help with the logistics in poorer countries for some time to come. Also, we can't spare the medical staff at the moment... hospitals will continue to be under pressure until the current tiers have all been protected. That's all 9 tiers, not just the top 4 because as things stand, the average age of people in ICU is 60. We've joined COVAX and there are checks and measures in there to ensure that distribution starts before each nation's own inoculation is complete. Once we've worked our way through our 9 identified, at risk tiers and taken the restricting fear out of COVID for all those most likely to be severely ill or die, then we'll have enough doctors/helpers/money to give vital help wherever it's needed.

Last edited:
one of you lot crept into my bedroom last night and gave me a dead arm . if you admit to it privately i won't take the matter any further .
When you find out who let me know because they have given me a dead arm and strange palpitations today that have subsided now.

Well done Annie! I had mine a couple of weeks ago and was ill with pseudoflu for all the next day, then a sore arm.
Do be careful for the next few weeks as it seems to take a while to kick in - dont want to get shot on armistice day morning if you forgive the metaphoro_O

it was a mystery ,gone now . been half-asleep [half-awake ? ] all day
they were right about '' not operating machinery '' i just walked into a half open door carrying a bowl of soup . got everywhere .

it was a mystery ,gone now . been half-asleep [half-awake ? ] all day
they were right about '' not operating machinery '' i just walked into a half open door carrying a bowl of soup . got everywhere .
I got white finger on my whole hand I panicked a bit but it seems while I was asleep Taya (dog) was laid on my arm cutting of my circulation 👍😂

Just a minor form of dead arm from about an hour after the jag until bedtime. Gone when I woke. No other obvious issues. Roll on April for a top up.

Davy

When you find out who let me know because they have given me a dead arm and strange palpitations today that have subsided now.

That's something else to look forward to then . As it seems like my bout of coronavirus has left me with kaleidoscope vision. 🤣 A new one on me as well. It is getting less frequent as time passes.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back