I got the call

As a kid I once asked my mum for some Lucozade and got the response No that's for poorly people. So I have no idea what it tastes like.

we were invulnerable .after we'd had our ears cleaned out with warm olive oil, had some vicks vapour rub smeared over our bony little chests and chomped down a sugar cube soaked in eucalyptus oil , nothing could touch us
We never went to that type of party, a dinner party or a hug at New Year was exciting enough ;)

Dad used to give us a spoonful of Malt as kids.

Out of 5 kids in our family, I was the only one who liked it so I used to have a second spoonful.

Out of 5 kids in our family, I was the only one who liked it so I used to have a second spoonful.
Ours was malt and cod liver oil from an earthenware jar one spoonful as we went to bed I can’t remember if I liked it or not. 😂

That would probably give you a taste for Marmite o_O if we wanted malt it came in a pint glass
We had cod liver oil which is why I like anything fishy ;)

Good result Rob (y)(y)(y)

Mmmmmm that spoonful of malt... I can almost taste and smell it if I close my eyes and think back 😋 We were given the cod liver oil first - yuck! - and then the malt to take the taste away. It seemed to take forever to twist and turn and spin that big spoon until the malt stopped dripping... but boy was it worth the wait! 😊

That would probably give you a taste for Marmite o_O if we wanted malt it came in a pint glass
We had cod liver oil which is why I like anything fishy ;)

Good result Rob (y)(y)(y)

I thought we were dead and buried Terry.

I've got 2 Liverpool fans in the house (Son in law and grandson), we were 1 nil down I went out for a fag and when I came back it was 3-1 I couldn't believe it!

Stay safe, save lives 😐 (pathetically attempting to stay on topic!)

I thought we were dead and buried Terry.

I've got 2 Liverpool fans in the house (Son in law and grandson), we were 1 nil down I went out for a fag and when I came back it was 3-1 I couldn't believe it!

Stay safe, save lives 😐 (pathetically attempting to stay on topic!)
Sorry. I've forgotten the topic. I take it that it nothing to do with Lucozade but these things were thought to be life savers in the day.

Sorry. I've forgotten the topic.
Chocolate wasn't something I talked about as far as I know, but my memory isn't what it was.
302864.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back