Hymer kitchen tap 'remodelled'

Dust

Following good advice from the New Members forum, has anyone got any helpful suggestions about the kitchen tap unit on my Hymer CS524. Some oaf decided the spout wanted to swivel left and right as well as up/down and snapped it off!

Brownhills haven't responded to my calls/requests yet, and a company called Towsure have something similar for £50ish.

I'm generally of the opinion that if I can't fix it with duct-tape, cable ties and WD-40, its b*gg***d, but would be really pleased to hear of a better bodge, or cheaper repair if anyone can help.

Many thanks

Oh, and I've got 1 week to fix it!

Following good advice from the New Members forum, has anyone got any helpful suggestions about the kitchen tap unit on my Hymer CS524. Some oaf decided the spout wanted to swivel left and right as well as up/down and snapped it off!

Brownhills haven't responded to my calls/requests yet, and a company called Towsure have something similar for £50ish.

I'm generally of the opinion that if I can't fix it with duct-tape, cable ties and WD-40, its b*gg***d, but would be really pleased to hear of a better bodge, or cheaper repair if anyone can help.

Many thanks

Oh, and I've got 1 week to fix it!

mornin must... i too have a tap handle that's beyond repair...
i've askes the same question on here too... :rolleyes:

i'm watchin....:D

reworks :confused:
aj

Hymer tap handle

Hi Dust,
It is possible to get a new handle through brownhills :mad: from hymer and fit it . Be aware that the micro switch is inside the main body of the tap and thus can spring into oblivion if not watched.:eek: Whilst waiting for the new handle to arrive I super glued my old one back together.:p This seemed to work very well.
Enjoy your trip. If you are passing near the Hymer factory in Germany prehaps you could pop in as I understand they are very good at doing quick repairs and love to help out anybody with an old van.:p:p

mornin must... i too have a tap handle that's beyond repair...
i've askes the same question on here too... :rolleyes:

i'm watchin....:D

reworks :confused:
aj

Try http://https://sslrelay.com/olearymotorhomeshop.co.uk/sess/utn;jsessionid=1547b60e17e8cfc/shopdata/index.shopscript

I got a step from them to fit my Hymer by return of post. Brownhills quoted 8 weeks. O'Leary bought out most of Brownhills surplus stock when they were in financial difficulties.

Another good contact isHymer Motor Caravans from Hambilton Engineering Ltd UK - about us page These people know Hymers and how they are built and repaired far better than Brownhills.

I have a new hymer tap that I bought for my last camper (B694 on y2k plate) that I never fitted as gripfill worked fine, it doesn't fit my S Klasse so I'm open to offers if it fits yours.

Thanks all for your suggestions. I'm going to tackle the problem today - take out the bust unit and see what we've got. I'll try and post a photo to see if guerdeval's spare looks similar.

Cheers

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back