Hymer Electrics.

cornish hymer

Help required, I have a Hymer on a Fiat base and I have a problem.
Started by noticing fuel gauge not working, didn't think it a problem it has stuck in the past. I then realised nothing on the dash was working.also no indicators,side lights or main beams.
I've checked through all the fuses and all are okay.
Hopefully one of the cleverer wild campers can come up with an idea for my problem.
Thanks for reading and I hope for a positive reply

What year is it?
Which model Ducato?
Fuse and relay positions vary depending on the model and year but everything you describe as not working is on the ignition circuit so I would start there

Hi Tezza 33,
The van is a Hymer b614 A class 2005 2.8 jtd, friend of mine looked earlier re fuses etc and he also mentioned possibility of relay on the ignition side so you both seem to be on the same track. Thanks for your input.

Ducato usually has at least 3 fuse boards...
I either side of the lower dash and one under the bonnet...
Bonnet one is usually split charging/aux type stuff...
Under dash ones are usually van systems and in mine also marker lights etc on the C class body

This 'should' take you through to some helpful fuse/relay diagrams.

If like my Iveco there will be a white plug behind the clocks, pull it apart and push back together, normally the earth pin gets white and stops the contact.

Early Ducatos are known for building static in the dashboard clocks loom... Causing erratic readings...
But loss of lights could be related/or separate.

Wiggle of relays/checks of fuses will be a, good start

Hi guys, thanks for your input.
It seems my problems were a faulty ignition switch. Another 1 ordered so hopefully up and running soon with everything working again.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back