hymer advice

***** said:
Thanks for the info.
Nice van David:cool:
Quality like Karman I expect!:)

Hi Graham,
I'm off to Germany, first week in October to buy another MH. As long it is 6.5 metres long, 90KW / 122 PS, under 50,000 KM's, has double flooring, Solar panel and a seperate shower, the rest is all standard stuff, I will be happy. I can visit my kids in Hamburg while I am there.
By the way Graham, how long is you Hymer 544?

hogan said:
David and ann,Thanks for all the info,I wish I new you 6 months ago when i bought my Hymer from germany but as it turned out all went very well,The only problem was importing it into spain nothing wrong with the German paperwork only the st***d Spanish sytems.

I know what you mean. Spain is a big headache, trying to sort things out there. We are struggling to buy a tiny place in Murcia, with all the red tape, I feel like giving up. Though I like the house in PINALLA, has a private swimming pool, a very long drive in, but need to remove the gates to get the MH in. Dirt cheap at £63000. Let's see what happens.

David & Ann said:
I know what you mean. Spain is a big headache, trying to sort things out there. We are struggling to buy a tiny place in Murcia, with all the red tape, I feel like giving up. Though I like the house in PINALLA, has a private swimming pool, a very long drive in, but need to remove the gates to get the MH in. Dirt cheap at £63000. Let's see what happens.

Just make sure you get a English speaking Spanish Lawyer,if the house is not on mains electric ,telephone or water be very carefull it may be a illegal build
Good luck

FFB 570 classic

***** said:
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is a FFB?:confused:
Its like an hymer to look at both inside and outside,I will take a picture and show you later this week,you will think that your looking at an hymer.Hobo.

hey hobo,
the pic on your avator, its not at the duke william pub carpark at matlock is it ?????

john.

ffb

***** said:
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is a FFB?:confused:
I took a photo of my ffb but cant put it on the photo gallery so I have used my avatar.Hobo.

Parking

pappajohn said:
hey hobo,
the pic on your avator, its not at the duke william pub carpark at matlock is it ?????

john.
No its at home near Skipton .

David & Ann said:
Hi Graham
FFB is the Registration of a village in southern Germany. The Company took this reg: as the name of the Company. Example:- HH=Hamburg, B=Berlin, AC=Achen. A single letter shows the population is more than a million. Two letters is more than 500,000 pop:. Three letters is less than 500,000 pop: I know that one of the "F's" stands for Fursten. I have the full name of this town some where, have to look for it and let you know. FFB, exsists no more. They were taken over by another MH Company called KNAUS. I do not know if they build them anymore. FFB,they are few and far between. A very good quality camper. They were the first company who started building seperate showers, so I am told when I bought mine.
Is that what FFB stands for (Few and Far Between)

Ffb

Hobo said:
Is that what FFB stands for (Few and Far Between)

Hi Hobo
Thanks for putting a smile on my face. Yes, they are truely fw and far between.Still cannot find that info: which I know I have somewhere. But second thoughts I think it is FRANKENFURSTENBURG, a small town in Bayern, Baravia. So car reg: from that town and area would be FFB. If you open your rear door, by your steps, should be a plate giving you the coachworks number. This munber is required to order any parts specifically for your model. Under the number on this plate should give you the name of the company and also the post code. You might get lucky to find the name of the town, but I doubt it. Best I can do until I find the precise name of the town

Do the hymers have double glazing in the cab area as niesamann?...If so...check em out and make sure it's not blown

I now own a german make motorhome at this present and it's costing loads to put it right since the 3 months warranty expired...I bought it off a local dealer that told me it's the rolls royce of all motorhomes...Was given 3 months warranty with a whole years M>O>T when I traded in my well looked after Ravenna auto sleeper..I did point out to him that the shower tray needed replacing even thou he told me otherwise and that the double glazed unit has blown on the passenger side..Took him 5 months to replace the double glazing and of course have not been able to drive it anywhere properly...My insurance company decided that my motorhome does not have an immobilisor (even thou dealer said there is one) and so i had one put in....Was advised by the garage at the time with installing the immobilisor that the wiring needs sorting as it's a mess....Seems to think that there was an immobilsor and an alarm system for the interior and that have been ripped out prob due to losing keys...How am i suppose to feel when seen off as usual

Hymer 554

We bought a 554 on a Citroen which we think is fab. Uses less fuel than our auto Toyota Hiace. Most of the dealers in imported Hymers seem overpriced to us, we bought private and are very happy. You have to ask what the extra you get from a dealer is worth, as you will pay more. I have heard that importing can cost around 700 quid. try' affordable motorhomes' on the net, they seem reasonable.

Ffb

David & Ann said:
Hi Hobo
Thanks for putting a smile on my face. Yes, they are truely fw and far between.Still cannot find that info: which I know I have somewhere. But second thoughts I think it is FRANKENFURSTENBURG, a small town in Bayern, Baravia. So car reg: from that town and area would be FFB. If you open your rear door, by your steps, should be a plate giving you the coachworks number. This munber is required to order any parts specifically for your model. Under the number on this plate should give you the name of the company and also the post code. You might get lucky to find the name of the town, but I doubt it. Best I can do until I find the precise name of the town
Thank you for the Information,Hobo.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back