how you got your name

kimbowbill

this has been done before, a while ago, but as we have so many new members i think it would be nice to know where you got your username from, i will start with mine, when i first got my pc many years ago, i was having trouble finding a username, the site asked me for 3 names/words, so i put in the name of my horse, Kimba, i also had a boat at the time so i put that in and the name of my parrot, Billie, it came up with Kimbowbill, lol, its a bit of a male name but its mine and i love it, so cum on guys n gals, tell us how you got yours

Jen xx

hi nessalz.........from the olden days of the 486 computers,:pc: dial up, we said to each other whats this......e-mail address:scared:.....was so confusing back then.lol.... i know.... ness, as my wife is called vanessa, and iam called alan, hence my name nessalz...

our last van was called Murtle, (the turtle) carrying home on back and driving people mad by driving slow up hills. so we stuck cartoon pics of turtles on it to give people something to look at always raised a smile.

but don't have a name for this one, someone said about Phoenix as it was built after Murtle was cremated, but open to suggestions, nice ones that is.:p :lol-053:

al

I was at a complete loss for a name until I saw the teddybear the kids had given me in a theatre greens. Theatre Bear - Tbear.

Richard

I thought of mine after watching a film from the states called rubber tramps . It was a film about ppl living out of need in vehicles of all type. As i have a landrover i just put the landy in front on rubber tramps . Landy is the well know shorten version of Landrover in th world of 4x4. I was on here the other day tho and noticed someone had a name rubber tramp. Im sorry about that if i had know i would have used another username. hopefully it will not confuse anyone

lee

I'm quite impatient and useless at thinking up names. So years ago I just picked bob at random and the year of my then current van '72

My all time favorite TV program is Last of the Summer Wine. When CB's became legal, in 1981, my "handle" was "Compo". I've even got it as my email address -
compo.simmonite@ntlworld.com :)

Paul H

:lol-053::lol-053: it gave me a giggle but didn't like to comment
p.s. i think he may be related to our lass:wave:

My initials as they are spelt A. G. B. = AyGeeBee - just like that!

My name is a Mining term for the roadway leading to the coal face. When I left school, I served an apprenticeship with the National Coal Board at a County Durham pit.

When we started showing Whippets, I also registered Maingate with the Kennel Club as our affix.

BTW, my avatar is Ernst Stavros Blofeld, a man determined to dominate the world. I would have emulated him but the wife put the block on it. :mad1:

hi i ran my own volkswagen garage for years. my mate was ron the plumb. i have another one called vwsteve, he was oposition at one time. anyway thats why i,m vwalan. plus we had vw cars ,trikes and campers filling our drive for years. still have .

We used our own Christian names as we are both old and senile, hopefully we won't forget our names as we get older.☺☺☺

Part of surname

Me Bigmillie

Wife Lady Millie

1st Son called SIR 6 foot ex Para :bow:

2nd Son called Millie

3rd Son called little Millie

Cheers Charlie

Nickname plus first two numbers of our post code when we lived in France

My sister & hubby sent us a christmas card years ago to the Teapackets - Tim, Tracey, Kieran and Anna Peace ... then Lily came along, so I suppose now it should really be L'Teapackets :)

'Cos I eat big pies...life's to short to eat small ones!!:lol-049:

A name I coined at random for the internet and have had since 1998.

That was well before Mozilla nicked it for their web browser. Before that their browser was called Firebird, so I'm not named after the browser, they named their browser after me!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back