How hots your van today

andyjanet

How hots your van today?
Went off for a swim in the local gravel pit and returned to
IMG_4387.jpeg

The rain in Kelso is cooling the Van, the outside air, and has played havoc with the Archery session that David Wildebus has been trying to run! Temperature indoors is about top teens so the new fridge fans are drumming their fingers waiting for the start of their shift 👍

Steve

We went somewhere once where they were doing archery and you could have a go, I loved it and didn't do too bad, it was on some community-owned land, they had pole lathes and all kinds of old woodland stuff going on, we just happened to wild camp in their car park, they welcomed us, we've been back a couple of times since but nothing going on.

I used to make my own bows and arrows as a nipper, they were crap of course.

We went somewhere once where they were doing archery and you could have a go, I loved it and didn't do too bad, it was on some community-owned land, they had pole lathes and all kinds of old woodland stuff going on, we just happened to wild camp in their car park, they welcomed us, we've been back a couple of times since but nothing going on.

I used to make my own bows and arrows as a nipper, they were crap of course.

I made a couple of proper Bows in woodwork at school Kev. They turned out quite well and were pretty lethal!

Silly custard :rolleyes:

I feel it might have been in the northeast, and for some reason, Tow Law springs to mind.

It's out in the sticks, you pull off the road and the car park is to the right, not very big, from the road there is a path that goes down to a river, and to the diagonal right it takes you down to a few wooden huts one quite big, and it has a couple of circular paths one coming back around parallel to the road, the archery was in a field to the left as you came off the road, it is a good few years since we went though so a bit hazy on detail.

Last edited:
We are on a site (don't shoot me) and seriously thought about putting the heating on for 20 minutes this morning.
Hey,
On site now & again is a GOOD thing 👍.
It’s if you was on an ‘Electric’ pitch you might be up against the wall 🤣🤣🤣

Silly custard :rolleyes:

I feel it might have been in the northeast, and for some reason, Tow Law springs to mind.

It's out in the sticks, you pull off the rod and the car park is to the right, not very big, from the road there is a path that goes down to a river, and to the diagonal right it takes you down to a few wooden huts one quite big, and it has a couple of circular paths one coming back around parallel to the road, the archery was in a field to the left as you came to the road, it is a good few years since we went though so a bit hazy on detail.

Oh dear, Kev.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back