How do you wildcamp.

No one has yet answered how they camp if wanting to stay put for more than couple of days or for a week for that matter.
Yes, most people move on every day or so but surely there must be occasions when people just want to park up and stay static for a week.

Just curious as to how the diehard wilders manage it when wild horses won't get them to use a site.

No one has yet answered how they camp if wanting to stay put for more than couple of days or for a week for that matter.
Yes, most people move on every day or so but surely there must be occasions when people just want to park up and stay static for a week.

Just curious as to how the diehard wilders manage it when wild horses won't get them to use a site.

Stubbornly and without a care in the world.

They also apply a generous sprinkling of I Couldn`t Give A F*ck-ness :mad2: :lol-049:

if you're talking about parking up in towns, we only ever do that if we're on the way somewhere. and i don't get this 'arrive late,leave early' business. i'm not sneaking about like i'm some deformed creature hiding from human sight !
we tend to find places near water,pretty looking and a handy resource too,places where there's few if any houses, where we can have a fire and hang out some washing etc.
if there's people about,a cheery greeting and a smile lets them know you're just another human going about your business !
we don't use campsites at all and have only been on 5or6 aires. there's just no need in France,and as i've said before,if you fancy hanging about a bit,pop into the local Mairie and have a word with the mayor.
let people know who you are and what you're doing ,they're dying to know,show them inside the van .sometimes, if working in the area ,we've stayed weeks,occasionally, months

pub car park :cheers:

Yes there are lots of places that you can park up for longer periods but you always run the risk of upsetting the locals or being moved on but I get itchy feet and just want to see what's round the next bend in the road or over the next hill and if I really wanted to stop in one place to have a good look round I would do a cl or a farm site but that would be a very rare occasion usually involving grandchildren.

We nearly always move on each day. On a few occasions we have returned to the same spot a few nights later. If I wanted to stop somewhere for several days, then I would find a cl so that I would not annoy anyone.

Mine is a simple tack say I want to go to Scarborough as they are clamping down on campers I have always parked up in any carpark or sea front that allows even if I have to pay as long as it's not rip off parking then early evening I would drive out of town a couple of miles and find a layby or suitable sleep area then back into the resort during the day this has worked for 30+years.
Wise words from an old pro

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back