How do you get on without a garage?

But these are any old Y fronts; they're M&S Y fronts ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve
M&S Y fronts? Wow! Rich people on here.
Too thick and too hot for warmer weather.
Poundland, dirt cheap and ok, but don't expect the elastic (tension tape) to last years. For real cupboard spacesaving checkout Onewear brand. They stow super compact and last and last. But, do order a size bigger than normal otherwise they are budgie squeezers!

I'd always thought that wt limits in garages/boots were to do with axle loading limits rather than body construction. Putting a load further back increases its force on the back axle rather than decreases it simply by applying the physical law of moments.
Yep, correct, the longer the overhang the greater the downforce on the back axle for the same weight of imposed load.
Dredged up memories from moons ago when i was "in logistics" as they say.
I suspect that many motorhomes with heavy rear loads such as motorcycles etc are overweight on the rear axle.

Well I do carry it on a rack but I wouldnt think twice about carrying one in the garage if I had one. Who the hell is going to ever know? Even if it was illegal which I am sure it isnt are you seriously thinking motorhomes are going to start getting pulled over to see if they have a scooter in the back? Only about one in every hundred they pull over will likely have one. Not only would it be a complete waste of resources I doubt it would stand up in court anyway even if it was a "thing".
Old bill likes an easy life and an easy pull.
You drive a respectable motorhome or campervan, most likely have a fixed abode and a bank account. Soo... easy to nick, therefore, if it were illegal to carry a motor cycle in the "garage" they would be stopping us left right and centre.
But, don't forget any load must be securely fasted so it will not move. I can imagine some twerp with an insecure load inside the living accomo getting nicked, and rightly so.
Half hitch lessons are on line.

We carry the folding e-bikes in ours which restricts the spare garage payload to 115kg. As well as the bikes, the weight is taken up with outdoor living and cooking gear, beach gear, and various caravan style containers that mean we don’t have to rely on motorhome service points and can remain parked up in the proximity of a tap and drain that may be 100m or more away without moving.

Oh for a motorhome with a 350kg garage as against 150kg. But then it adds a minimum of around £25000 to the price as you are talking higher end continental.
Stuff expands to fill the space available, time taken for a task expands to fill the time available.
Reduce the space reduce the stuff.
Reduce the time for the task get more tasks done.

M&S Y fronts? Wow! Rich people on here.
Too thick and too hot for warmer weather.
Poundland, dirt cheap and ok, but don't expect the elastic (tension tape) to last years. For real cupboard spacesaving checkout Onewear brand. They stow super compact and last and last. But, do order a size bigger than normal otherwise they are budgie squeezers!
Go commando.

I have loads of space under seat lockers and overhead ones, plus a space under the back top and bottom beds and very little in them.

Attachments

• bed 2.jpg
    bed 2.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 11
  • bed 3.jpg
    bed 3.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 12
  • bed 4.jpg
    bed 4.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 11
  • seat base.png
    seat base.png
    715.9 KB · Views: 12

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back